IT Asset Technician
IT Asset Technician
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The IT Asset Technician will be responsible for tracking and monitoring company-owned assets from initial purchase throughout the asset lifecycle. Analyze asset levels to ensure efficient allocation of resources. Maintain accurate records of asset location through asset tracking system. Prepare reports for management. Review asset management process to make improvements in cost-effectiveness of program and process quality improvements. May create contracts/licensing agreements with clients, vendors, and suppliers. Work with Help Desk team to provide excellent service for NICE inContact employees.
- Creates and updates tickets for work being performed.
- Receives hardware from Fulfillment and matches it up with purchase orders.
- Responsible for properly disposing of company assets.
- Works on special projects given by the manager.
- Helps to develop new procedures or system enhancements to improve work performance.
- Supports and troubleshoots hardware assets in all company locations as well as for remote employees.
- Escalates problems to the appropriate technical group for resolution. This may include groups outside of the Help Desk team.
- Assists in maintaining help desk records and developing statistics on network and end user problems.
- Assists in scheduling hardware and software installations and upgrades.
- Follows the company Code of Ethics and NICE inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicates in an effective and professional way with customers inside and outside of NICE inContact.
- Interacts with vendors to complete RMA processes.
- Documents all changes to asset policies and procedures.
- Leads the effort in maintaining and properly rotating equipment inventory.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- High School diploma required. Associates Degree in Business Systems or related field preferred.
- 0-2 years managing company inventory
- 2-4 years configuring and troubleshooting laptops and workstations
- 2-4 years working with Windows XP/7/8 and Server 2003/2008/2012
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Strong documenting skills
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting of related network components
- Previous work experience with trouble ticketing systems
- 1+ years of experience managing Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience managing an IP PBX
- Experience imaging desktops and laptops
- MCSA, MOS, Network+ or A+
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.