Location: Remote, USAThe purpose of the Sales Engineer is to provide dedicated sales support to the field and inside sales teams:
- By proactively identifying & addressing customer‘s technical needs and objections, to drive sales.
- By acting as the primary bridge to identify & remove process problems early between Sales and Operations
- By protecting CXone, as an organization, from projects where technical issues outweigh value to CXone, by being able to delineate between technically feasible and technically problematic opportunities
- Review Request for Proposals prior bidding to insure feasibility of the project and prior to issuance to the customer for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure that company‘s contractual obligations to the customer are realistic, can be met, and be performed in a timely manner.
- Facilitate complete setup and operability of the customer‘s services in conjunction with the customer‘s order, when necessary to support CXone's Professional Services organization.
- Assist sales team through preparation and delivery of technical presentations and statements of work by matching specific client business requirements into effective technical solutions - with a focus on CXone's solutions.
- Maintain high level knowledge of competitive product lines, especially as it relates to technical strengths and weaknesses of the competitor‘s products and what strategy CXone should develop to counter.
- Maintain high-level knowledge of all other CXone products/services, competitive product lines, and industry through self-education and CXone's resources.
- Proactively and effectively identify customer needs and overcome objections to proposed solutions.
- Perform technical benefits assessment for customers by gaining detailed understanding of their environment.
- Provide continuous knowledge transfer to the sales force regarding technical aspects and benefits of the Cxone's solutions.
- Support new and existing sales efforts via technical discovery, product demonstrations and presentations.
- Properly document and provide feedback to sales team.
- Assist in the preparation of responses to RFP’s and deliver technical and sales oriented presentations to customer’s technical staff and senior management.
- Meet with customers to understand their current technical environment, key business issues, and future benefits that could be realized through Cxone's advanced contact center technology deployments.
- Work with the Sales Support to ensure orders are completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Create, based on customer needs, a detailed Solutions Overview (SO) document for each new customer which will be the basis from which all pre-turn up work will be performed. Instruct customer on costs associated with the work.
- Build and maintain relationships with financial, subject and technical decision makers and influencers in prospect base.
- Position will require significant travel up to 75%.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of Cxone.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 6+ years direct sales engineering experience in contact centers, telecommunications or software sales
- Strong sales skills
- Relationship management abilities
- Superior communication skills
- High integrity
- Experience in fast paced environment
- Experience meeting customer time constraints
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Analytical/Quantitative abilities required. Must be able to interpret and explain financial and statistical information
- Ability to negotiate and up sell products and services
- In-depth knowledge of technical support issues related to Internet, video, and telephony. A hands-on background in engineering, technical support or field maintenance is desirable
- Broad knowledge of call center technologies, call traffic analysis, automatic call distributions and interactive voice response systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, negotiation and communications.
- Valid driver‘s license.
- 2+ years sales experience outside of sales engineering in a software environment
- VoIP experience
- Broad knowledge of the call center market
- Relationship management abilities
- Excellent industry reputation
- Consensus building strengths among internal groups
- Negotiation skills
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.