DevOps Engineer II
DevOps Engineer II
Location: Cochabamba, Bolivia
The DevOps Engineer II works as an integrated part of a software engineering team with specific focus on facilitating and building automated pipelines for continuous delivery of the team's deliverables with guaranteed production-level quality and supportability, as well as recommending and implementing improvements to reduce cycle time and improve quality of the delivered products.
- Defining and developing continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Building Infrastructure as Code
- Coordinating build and release activities with other stakeholders
- Defining and developing automated quality and release gates
- Working with teams to develop code quality metrics and meters
- Identifying, researching, and prototyping new technologies to improve DevOps processes
- Collaborating with various teams and disciplines to promote and develop DevOps best practices
- Managing day to day operations of release pipelines, build tools, and source control software and resources
- Performing ongoing maintenance and upgrades of DevOps systems (Production & non-production)
- Troubleshooting & responding to downtime, performance degradation and outside attacks
- Occasional weekend or after-hours work as needed
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Can solve routine problems related to feature or module using all techniques common to programming languages
- Can debug all problems in the team's area of responsibility (feature or module
- Stays abreast of new technologies and industry best practices related to DevOps
- Service-oriented; ability to supply services to multiple engineering teams
- Mentors co-workers with expertise
- Coordinates work with peers
- Shares discoveries and best practices
- Learns from others within the team
- Self-Driven. Proactively looks for ways to improve systems and processes
- 4-5 years of experience working on a software development team
- 4-5 years of experience with CI automation tools, such as CircleCI, Jenkins, or Bamboo, TFS Build
- 2+ years of experience building and creating Docker containers and Docker-based Microservices or similar technology
- 2+ years of experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or CloudFormation
- 2-5 years of experience working with distributed source control systems, like Git, GitHub or BitBucket
- 2+ years of experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Perl, Powershell
- Demonstrated understanding of Amazon AWS services including S3, EC2, CloudWatch, and Lambda
- Working experience with one or more database engines, including MySQL, Postgres, Dynamo
- Deep knowledge and understanding in one or more of the following areas:
- Database Administration (Structured and/or unstructured, Indexing, Performance Tuning, Backup and restore, data lifecycle management, scaling)
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 Networking Administration (DNS, SSL/TLS, Load Balancing, IPv4 Sub netting, Firewalling, etc.)
- Voice Over IP administration (Signaling, Encoding/Decoding; Protocols like Media Gateway, RTC, SIP; Security, Border Controllers; QoS, LCR)
- Operating Systems (Linux/Windows, Virtualization, Containers, Imaging, Orchestration, Storage types & performance, Monitoring, Capacity Planning)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Experience with Artifactory
- Experience with Release Pipeline tools such as Concourse, Thoughtworks Go, Octopus, Hive, ElectricFlow, or Xebialabs
- Call center and telecom experience
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.