Infrastructure Project Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
This position's primary purpose is to ensure major corporate IT initiatives are organized, structured, defined, and delivered within specified time frames. We seek a technical project manager to lead our PM efforts in the deployment of global cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with telecom carriers, data center operations, server builds, and change management processes. The PM will coordinate with internal stakeholders and engineers, as well as vendor representatives, to ensure the cloud platform's successful and timely delivery. This position plays a crucial role in the organization. The result is keeping team members focused and on track to deliver results as specified by Executive management.
As a Technical Project Manager, a Typical Day Might Include:
- Lead the delivery of IT projects, focusing on large-scale network and hardware builds
- Identify project priority conflicts and report any issues affecting overall project delivery
- Work as a business analyst to identify critical functional elements and requirements.
- Create and manage project plans, resource trackers, project reports, and dashboards according to standards.
- Provide periodic structured reporting and communications on project status risks and deliverables.
- Engage with stakeholders in Engineering, Operations, Security, and Procurement teams to meet project deliverables.
- Coordinate vendors, hardware, and telecom to ensure proper operations to meet site delivery objectives.
- Many activities occur after hours. This role will require some after-hours work to ensure coordination of activities for a release event.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or Business Management related field or equivalent work experience required.
- PMP or PMI is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in project management and business analysis
- You must possess a clear understanding of commercial datacenter (Equinix, Digital Realty, Coresite, etc..) and telecom (CenturyLink, Verizon, Megaport, Zayo, Crown Castle, Verizon, etc..) service delivery operations and delivery pitfalls.
- Maintain a good understanding of current commercial network technology and their associated implementation objectives. The candidate will understand each technology and what dependencies are usually associated with a successful implementation of MPLS, WAVE Circuits, Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper, BGP, Sonas, etc..
- Familiar with project management tools and network topology tools such as MS Project, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Teams
- Effectively communicate with interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Software as a service (SAAS) experience
- Network/Datacenter Terms that should be well understood: Cross-connects; As-Builts; Rack-Units (RU); PDU; LOA; DMARC; Cloud VPCs and Transit Gateways; LC-to-SC; Single-mode; Multi-mode; High-availability; GBIC; SFP+Salesforce.com experience
- Certified Scrum Master/Agile experience
- Experience managing large projects
- Experience in managing customer-facing web projects
- Experience in managing Agile Development projects
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.