Associate Technical Account Manager
Associate Technical Account Manager
Location: Greater Salt Lake City, UT area or REMOTE
The Associate TAM is responsible for resolving complex problems and providing excellent technical and customer service to specific key accounts. He/she will help them overcome issues that arise, succeed in their business using our technology and services, expand their usage of our products, be a reference to prospective customers, and be a long-term and loyal customer. The accounts assigned will generally have purchased our Care Plus service package, which is the first offering in our suite of fee-based customer service packages. Accounts with higher level service packages may be assigned as the Associate TAM's abilities allow.
Interaction with customers will be done via phone, email, chat and WebEx, with face to face meetings as necessary and/or appropriate. The Associate TAM will work both independently and in concert with Sales, Technical Support, Professional Services and other teams to ensure the highest levels of customer success, providing a collaborative solution that will leave the customer with a positive experience and a product that meets their needs.As an Associate Technical Account Manager, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Work largely during the customers' core business hours, with occasional extended hours as needed
- Occasional on-call after-hours work may be required as needed by the customer
- As their account management professional, be the assigned accounts' single point of contact to our company, and engage resources across several teams as needed to resolve their issues and requests
- Develop an effective and productive relationship with assigned accounts, and hold regular discussions to review open issues, understand their business, determine ways to increase their success, and to share best practices
- Provide effective triage and troubleshooting assistance to assigned accounts on reported issues, and personally resolve as many issues as possible while scheduling time for proactive activities
- Partnering with other NICE inContact employees and teams (technical support, professional services, product management, engineering, etc.), ensure that all technical challenges and other issues/cases/requests are being handled properly, are within SLA targets, and are progressing toward resolution
- Develop in depth knowledge of NICE inContact products and associated technologies, especially those employed by assigned accounts
- Develop expertise and maintain currency in telecommunications, contact center, and related technologies
- Gain a deep understanding of each customer's environment, identify customer needs, propose solutions that will accelerate their success
- Become intimately familiar with a customer's contact center and business, know how NICE inContact's solutions meet their business needs, and become their trusted partner and advisor to improve their business success
- Maintain a working knowledge of competitive product lines, differentiators and industry trends through self-education and NICE inContact's resources
- Develop and present customized presentations to assigned accounts that both quantify and qualify product/service usage, realized benefits, achievements, opportunities and next steps
- Provide training to accounts to ensure that they get the most out of their NICE inContact investment
- Capture common questions, techniques and best practices in daily workflow, sharing that information by regularly creating and improving knowledgebase content
- Ensure that all communication, interactions, assignments, details and actions are clear, effective, timely (within established SLA) and are logged into the CRM system
- Consistently and regularly update customer and account information, keeping it current in the CRM system
- Tactfully and professionally communicate with all stakeholders, especially in emotionally-charged and escalated situations, bringing people together with the common goal of resolving issues and accelerating the customer's success
- Communicate and work with customers in a way that they do not escalate and are confident that their issues and concerns are being properly represented and handled by NICE inContact
- Make and meet commitments, building trust with customers
- Present a professional image in communication, conduct, attitude and attire
- Accountable for all actions, and reinforce accountability across all employees and teams in the company
- Assist assigned customers in preparation for go-live, and build confidence with them as they begin using our products in a live environment
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, retention and referenceability for all assigned accounts
- Participate in team goal achievement and set personal goals that increase effectiveness and success
- Identify opportunities to improve or modify products and services to improve customer effectiveness and experience, and recommend those improvements through proper channels, driving product/services enhancements and development
- Participate in process improvement that will increase customer satisfaction and personal effectiveness
- Manage and document certain NICE inContact technical projects with each assigned account to ensure that they are successful
- Occasional travel (up to 15%) required, visiting customer sites
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or similar field or equivalent work experience required.
- 2+ years in a Technical/Service role in software, telecommunications or in customer service, call/contact center and/or service delivery
- Demonstrated technical problem-solving proficiency
- Excellent analytical and advanced troubleshooting skills with end-users/customers
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Able to work with little supervision and complete projects
- Working technical knowledge of contact center software/design/functionality
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced environment and meeting customer time constraints
- Implementation: broad skills in both technology & analysis; experience in communicating at a technical and functional level while managing business rapport.
- Business Optimization: deep skills around business analysis/call centers; experience in the KPIs and best practices of call centers and their operations.
- Education & Enablement: professional and confident public presence; experience in commanding large audiences as a trainer and/or speaker.
- Engineering Services: deep skills in specialized technical & functional areas; deeply technical expertise around software engineering, programming languages, integration, and/or databases.
- TCP/IP networking knowledge and VoIP technology exposure
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP, telecom circuits from DS0 through OC-48
- Understanding of network topology and telecommunications architecture (PBX, Carriers, and VoIP)
- Understanding of basic scripting fundamentals
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and internet fundamentals
- Extensive software, telecommunications, and IP Telephony
- Experience using SIP signaling
- Analytical, inquisitive, service & team-oriented, friendly demeanor, early adopter
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.