We are a senior healthcare services center that assists our facilities in employing people in the Wichita, Denver, and Kansas City areas. At Axiom, we focus on hiring and retaining our amazing employees, as we know that we could not be successful without you. We live by the mission of “improving lives, exceeding expectations.” We don’t just apply this mission to how we treat our patients and residents, but how we treat our employees.
Our facilities are award-winning. Many of our skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 5-Star CMS rating from Medicare/Medicaid, the 2017 KHCA/NCAL Bronze Award, the 2018 KHCA/NCAL Silver Award, the 2017 Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best for Extended Care, and have a U.S. News Top Rating for Nursing Homes in America. Currently looking for a licensed position at;
- St. Anthony’s Senior Care Hospital (Wichita, KS; Geriatric Behavioral Health Hospital)
Apply today to become a part of our pipeline of applicants and help us change the lives of our patients and residents in our communities!
As the Licensed Social Worker, you will perform duties and implement programs which meet physical, mental, and psychosocial needs of the patients. You will participate in admissions, assessments, programming, and discharge planning. This is a full-time position requiring the employee to work 40 or more hours each week. The Social Worker reports to the Hospital CEO.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Participate in the admissions and assessment process
- Conduct ongoing cognitive, mental health, and psychosocial assessments
- Help patients improve their coping abilities
- Plan and coordinate discharges, utilizing community resources and accrediting organization standards
- Coordinate and lead weekly interdisciplinary treatment team meetings
- Participate in the development of a multidisciplinary, individualized plan of care, with patients and their families
- Organize programs, policies, and procedures that are developed to assess, evaluate, and meet the needs of patients
- Observe and report behavioral changes
- Ensure patient’s rights and privacy are maintained
- Prepare education and training opportunities for staff; attend staff meetings and in-services as required
- Communicate with and educate family members regarding the progress of patients and help them understand their family member’s mental illness
- Coordinate patient grievances and act as the patient’s advocate
- Maintain regulatory compliance to all federal, state, local regulations and accrediting organization standards
- Current state Social Worker license is required
- Master’s degree in Social Work is required
- 2+ years of experience in an inpatient healthcare is preferred
- General office environment in a healthcare facility
- May require standing up or walking for up to 75% of the time
- Required to use assistance when attempting to assist, lift or carry objects over 25 lbs.