As a Receptionist, you will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. You will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies, as well as additional clerical duties.
The Receptionist position is the poster job for I.L.E.E. way.
Ideally, you will have outstanding customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Answer telephone calls and transfer to the appropriate associate.
- Greet and direct visitors to the appropriate resident or employee.
- Provide callers with information such as directions to the facility or address.
- Receive, sort, and forward incoming mail.
- Help with special non-recurring and ongoing projects on a team or independently.
- Type and design general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc.
- Assist with copying, faxing, and filing when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 6 months to 1 year of relevant experience and/or training
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- General office environment within a long-term care, skilled nursing, or assisted living facility.
- This position may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available.