iflix is the world’s leading entertainment service for emerging markets with the widest and most compelling selection of TV shows, movies, hyper local originals, premium live sports and up-to-the-minute news from around the world, to stream or download, on any internet connected device…wherever, whenever.
- Carry out analytical activities such as descriptive analytic, predictive modelling or prescriptive modelling by the use of machine learning or basic statistical methodology.
- Build and support reusable data analysis structures within the technical environment.
- Gather requirements from key stakeholders preparing and presenting analysis results.
- Work in close collaboration with other technical and non-technical teams to facilitate data preparation and reporting integration.
- Focus, relentlessly on the customer experience and product.
- Work closely with engineering to recommend the best approach to scale.
- Define and develop the program for metrics creation, data collection, modelling
- Leverage language and tools like R, Python, Scala Hive, Spark & SQL to drive efficient analytics.
- Lead and support various ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Identify potential new analytical opportunities, new data sources …
- Drive through changes to improve overall data quality
- MS Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Data science or any other science field. PhD preferred
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience, juniors are encouraged to apply
- Expertise in at least 3 established language/tools: R, python, SQL(mandatory), scala, Jupiter, Shiny, SPARK, etc.
- Experienced with packages/libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, pandas, scikit-learn, dplyr, ggplot2, tensorflow, MLlib.
- Familiar with AWS environment and big data technology (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc).
- Expertise in machine learning techniques (Neural net, Clustering, decision tree, regression, Genetic algorithm …)
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; including the ability to present detailed analyses to a broad audience range.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other business units in order to achieve common objectives.
- Organised self-starter, with drive and commitment; able to work with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Experienced negotiator to manage business expectation and to prioritise requirements.
- Track record of holding others accountable for completing deliverables, meeting deadlines, and achieving results, even without formal authority.
To learn more about iflix please visit :
- iflix - Blog, Content, Features, Markets…
- Tao of iflix - Core, Values, People…
- iflix onStackoverflow