We are looking for an out-of-this-world Subtitle Editor (Korean-English) to join the iflix revolution!
As the Subtitle Editor, your role is to create English subtitles for Korean source language content, edit and correct translation of subtitles provided by external sources, update glossary term lists and deliver completed subtitle files to the coordinator. Also, to perform any source translations and/or corrective edits of subtitle files as assigned by the coordinator.
TAKE A READ BELOW, IT'S GOING TO BE PART OF YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THE IFLIX
- Translate Korean source language shows into English target language, and vice versa, or proofread and correct translated subtitles obtained from external sources.
- Upkeep the glossary term sheet in the designated location on GDrive.
- Proofread and correct language and time codes of subtitle files from freelancers, vendors or distributors.
- Provide subtitling training to freelancers and new editors (as designated by supervisor).
- Create standard test files for freelancers and candidates that need to undergo vetting.
- Provide constructive feedback to freelancers and vendors regarding subtitling jobs in evaluation via supervisor.
- Create subtitles for trailers from trailer master subtitle file or an audio transcription.
- Ensure that all subtitles are properly translated (this includes research) and adheres to established stylistic guidelines.
- Assist in the ad-hoc translation and editing of metadata and/or marketing materials upon request from supervisor.
- Re-conform subtitle files to the master a/v file whenever the master has been altered from its original length (censorship or version replacement) or when working with subtitle files sourced from distributors.
- Convert and check source subtitle files that are not in the native .srt format.
- Screen & fix subtitle file naming format before being submitted for transcoding when instructed by coordinator.
- Obtained a Diploma in linguistics; or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in language/linguistic work
- Korean TOPIK Level 4 or equivalent
- English proficiency