Senior Software Engineer - Core/Backend
(Role based in Beijing, China)
iflix is the leading SVoD Media Platform for emerging markets. We are revolutionizing online entertainment offering thousands of hours of the best movies and TV shows from around the world as well as live news and sports.
Our iflix China center is focused on video content management, monetization and using big data, AI/machine learning technologies to empower iflix services for millions of users globally.
We are rapidly expanding our amazing and passionate technology team and are looking for Software Engineers based in Beijing, to contribute to the building of what will soon be the most engaging, and widely used entertainment platform on planet Earth.
Reporting to our Engineering Manager, you will be accountable for building new features and product enhancements in one or multiple product areas that are used by internal, external users and iflix viewers, globally.
- Contribute to requirements gathering, architecture, design, and implementation of core services that empower consumer facing world class products & services.
- Work with stakeholders including product owners, design leads, data scientists etc to collaborate for effective business outcomes.
- Work with architect team on performance profiling and optimisation.
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high-quality code culture.
- Mentoring junior engineers.
- BS degree or MS degree in computer science, engineering or related fields.
- 5+ years of work experience in building scalable software & service for millions of users.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as OO design, algorithm, data structures.
- Experience of developing high performance, scalable backend services with a micro-service architecture, preferably with Node, Go, C++/C or JAVA.
- Good communication both verbally and written, in English.
- A passion for learning is essential.
- Mindset of "Eat Your Own Dog Food" is essential.
- Experience in operating with automated quality test approaches. TDD is a plus.
- Experience in operating in an Continuous Delivery environment.
- Experience in operating in an Agile development environment is a plus.
- Diverse programming language experience is preferred.
- Experience in video streaming, ad tech, DMP, membership, rewards is a great plus.
- Experience with AWS is a great plus.
- Experience of delivering high quality service without a separate QA team is a plus.
To learn more about iflix please visit: