Iflix is the world’s leading entertainment service for emerging markets with the widest and most compelling selection of TV shows, movies, hyper local originals, premium live sports and up-to-the-minute news from around the world, to stream or download, on any internet-connected device…wherever, whenever.
Our team is looking for a highly self-motivated and passionate engineer that has either just started or looking to start a career in Site Reliability Engineering.
You’d be a right candidate if you love deep technical understanding of the tools you use, passionate about technology, a strong team player, enjoy collaborating with engineers across various functions and you care - A LOT - about what is being done and how it should be done.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Assist the SRE team with operational needs of iflix CI/CD pipelines as well as the health of various AWS resources used to support the iflix platform
- Working with senior SREs, support various teams with new services before they go live with activities such as pipeline setup, production readiness checklists and initial launch monitoring
- Continuous monitoring of iflix platform’s availability, latency and overall health
- Assist iflix engineers troubleshoot difficult issues when required
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Ongoing maintenance of cost - ensuring that resources and services are provisioned and managed responsibly to reduce wastage
- Positive, can-do attitude, not afraid of any challenges that comes your way
Good understanding of cloud services and some experience with AWS services
Good understanding of devops and its practices
Understanding of Infrastructure-As-Code and configuration management lifecycle
Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, TLS and load balancing
Track record of practical problem solving, excellent communication, and documentation skills
Proficiency in at least one of the popular back-end languages (Python, Go, Rust, etc)
Experience with monitoring tools
Good understanding of security principles and practices
Fearless in picking up new languages, tools and technologies
Good dose of humility
Participated in popular open source projects
Actual production experience with AWS
Experience with config management tools like Puppet, Terraform or Ansible
Working knowledge of Kubernetes