iflix is the leading entertainment service for emerging markets offering thousands of hours of the best movies and TV shows from around the world for a single low monthly subscription. Driven by eye-wateringly good content, a fantastic product, the latest technology and outstanding people, we've developed a disruptive business and a culture which matches the huge ambition of the company.
We're on the lookout for an one-of-a-kind Subtitle Editor (EN-ZS) to support our amazing team in building what will soon be the most engaging, and widely used entertainment platform on planet Earth.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Translate source (English subtitles) into target language via pre-translated Chinese subtitles created by Helen (machine translation tool), and ensuring that all subtitles are properly translated and adheres to established style guides
- Update Helen glossary, and report Helen error(s) to ensure her maturity is consistent
- Proofread and edit subtitle files from freelancers and/or vendors, and thereafter provide objective feedback to ensure quality in future subtitles reverted
- Review freelancers and/or vendor test files and thereafter provide objective feedback that will determine whether the company will be using the freelancer or vendor’s services
- Assist in the construction of manuals and guides in relation to software and responsibilities pertaining to the Chinese team, e.g. subtitle editing software, subtitling style guide (that is relevant to the Chinese language) etc
- Mentor to new editors; provide proper guidance, feedback and support so that new editor understands and adapts the team’s workflow as well as departmental practices, goals and standards
- Assist in the ad-hoc translation and edition of metadata and/or marketing materials that relates to the Chinese language according to request
- Assist in projects that relates to the Chinese language
- Re-conform distributor subtitle files to the master a/v file whenever the master has been altered from its original length (censorship or version replacement) or when working with subtitle files sourced from distributors
- Commit to Localization departmental objectives
- Provide and update subtitle production data (or any relevant to Chinese team) as instructed
- Available to work on weekends and/or Public Holidays when necessary
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Ability to do in-depth research
- Ability to comprehend and interpret given context well
- Ability to manage time well (organize own workload according to priority)
- Ability to responsibly commit to set deadlines
- Ability to work with others
- Chinese language proficiency – adequate use of vocabulary and grammar
- English language proficiency – adequate use of grammar and understanding of vocabulary
- Translation skills – capable of accurate interpretation of context, and expressing context with the correct grammar and vocabulary (Chinese and English)
- Proofreading skills – capable of accurately detecting grammatical error(s), and misuse of vocabulary (Chinese and English)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE?
- Diploma in linguistic/translation; or equivalent
- SPM English – A; equivalent or higher
- SPM Chinese – A; equivalent or higher
- Minimum 1-year experience (full time) in translation (optional)
- Minimum 100 hours of translation completed in translation (optional)
Want to be part of the fastest growing and most loved video on demand platform in emerging markets? APPLY NOW!