iflix is the world’s leading entertainment service for emerging markets with the widest and most compelling selection of TV shows, movies, hyper local originals, premium live sports and up-to-the-minute news from around the world, to stream or download, on any internet-connected device…wherever, whenever.
Our team is looking for a highly motivated Senior Backend Engineer with Node, Go and AWS experience to help deliver the robust backend solutions our apps and users rely on. You will bring a desire to impact iflix users and will collaborate with frontend engineers, product owners, designers, engineering leads and your teammates across platforms to deliver first-class experiences that are high performant and well tested.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US?
Our Melbourne team is focused on growing and engaging the iflix user base with our service on Android, iOS and Web platforms. We strongly believe backend systems are integral to delivering great user and developer experiences. Our apps rely on the sophistication and horsepower of our backend to provide highly available, compelling and personalised user experiences that keep our users streaming.
- MILLIONS OF ACTIVE USERS
- 793% GROWTH*
- SRSLY, CLICK HERE
We provide a highly collaborative environment with an opportunity to work with a world class team. Your peers will be smart. The scale will be large. Learn what it takes to make a service with a truly global reach and millions of users. We have a nice office environment situated in the CBD, close to transport. Come help us shape the future of entertainment in emerging markets.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
- Deep knowledge and experience in robust API design and development
- Thorough understanding of Node, Go and GraphQL development and patterns
- Confident across AWS services and microservice oriented architecture
- Experience in operating in a Continuous Delivery environment
- A focus on user-centric development
- A passion for learning is essential
- Experience in (or hunger to dive straight into) the following: Kubernetes, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, Cloudfront, Typescript, Webpack ...to name a few
- Experience working with video and audio streaming on the web is highly advantageous
- Ability to work independently and get things done
- Ability to work as part of a large team inside a global engineering organisation
- High energy and ambitious individual who is flexible and adaptable to change
- Must be a passionate communicator, willing to challenge and enhance ideas while preserving relationships
- Interested in using a broad range of technology to solve complex problems
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
- iflix - Blog, Content, Features, Markets…
- Tao of iflix - Core, Values, People…
- iflix on Stackoverflow
Sound like you? APPLY NOW!