iflix is on the lookout for an AWESOME Data Engineer to join our team in KL and support our amazing team of visionaries, disruptive geniuses, industry rebels and creative ninjas in building what will soon be the most engaging, and widely used entertainment platform on planet Earth.
You will help build our next level data platform - giving us great insight into how our business is running and delivering the detailed science and analytics to provide an engaging user experience.
You should have an extensive and strong skill set working and designing modern data platforms including Python, NodeJS, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto, AWS services in a Big Data cloud environment.
- Effective participation in the architect and design of our data platform and pipeline to handle terabytes of user data and petabytes of event data
- Work closely with data architect/product owners to prioritize workload and the strategic data plans and deliverables
- Drive efficient delivery around data engineering with continuous integration, pipeline automation, Git PRs, constructive code reviews, and effective documentation
- Ensure our data is secure and protected and our business and our users' privacy is strongly enforced.
- Actively encourage and participate in the scrum meetings to improve team velocity and attend retrospectives for continual improvement.
- Collaborate with the data analytics and science teams to understand our customers' requests and apply data to build, innovate and improve the product and the business.
- Agile at heart- Effective implementation of agile methodology(sprint- planning, retrospective, status, review, etc), keep sprint board updated regularly and cross-functional communication.
- Clear and constructive communicator– Ability to convey information to people clearly and simply, in a way that means things are understood and get done. It's about transmitting and receiving messages clearly, and being able to read target audiences, be it senior management, clients, subordinates, team members or working partners from other tech teams. Also, be open to suggestions and take respect for others opinions.
- Decision maker– Analyses multiple solutions to a problem and is confident and comfortable with making decisions and informed risk-taking with little to no guidance from immediate manager.
- Leader- Ability to lead and provide suggestion to product owners and team involved in the development of the data platform and pipeline.
- Outcome driven- Embraces the company's vision and works closely with the Data and Product teams to achieve these objectives and outcomes.
- Time management– Ability to manage multiple task and responsibility through workload delegation amongst team members to meet target datelines in a timely manner.
- Develop self and others– Always staying competitive by being up to date with the latest soft and technical skills and being able to mentor others while learning from others.
- Experience- 3-5+ years of relevant working experience in data engineering.
You can recognize an iflix person a mile away. We’re a little different: we color outside of the lines, we march to the beat of our own drum, we move freely and a little faster than the crowd.
To learn more about iflix please visit: