Technical Program Manager
Join Oben as a Technical Program Manager and help build innovative applications and custom solutions. You will play a critical role in planning new systems architecture and technical direction for the company’s technology roadmap. You will be working with senior scientists, developers, business partners, and external vendors to ensure high quality deliverables. You will need to have a “roll up your sleeves” approach and “get down in the trenches” in order to jump in to code frequently. Candidates should have a strong software engineering background with the hunger to manage large-scale mission critical applications and web platforms. Sound judgment, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong technical leadership, managing senior technical team and the driving decisions through consensus and influence change are must.
- Strong understanding of project management principles and processes.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Extensive experience in enterprise systems and software architecture, design, and development and working knowledge of the full SW development lifecycle.
- Experience in managing highly technical teams and mentoring engineers
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented, SOA design concepts, and programming languages such as Java, Objective C, C , PHP
- Experience in platforms such as Matlab
- Solid understanding of data modeling and database systems including mySQL, etc.
- Well versed with the use of XML, JSON and REST services.
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities in cross-functional and matrix organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Description – Manage a team of highly technical and experienced software engineers. – Define delivery milestones based on project requirements – Coordinate with cross functional teams to achieve planned delivery milestones – Manage multiple projects in different phases of the SDLC – Drive the analysis and design of systems; help shape system requirements, and develop analysis-level documents that reflect the requirements. – Work with scientists and vendors on defining the scope, milestone, deliverables, and resources needed for the project. – Plan Agile Sprints working with business partners – Perform regular design and code reviews and when needed, participate in debugging and coding to resolve issues. – Lead technical developers; own and review deliverables for accuracy, quality, application performance and completeness. – Keep up to date with latest technologies and tools and evangelize their value within the development teams. – Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security. – Maintain company servers as needed – Do minor programming tasks as needed
Education BS/MS degree in computer science/EE or equivalent
Great to have skills
Digital Signal Processing
AWS setup/ maintenance
About Oben: Oben is a stealth-mode investor-backed fast-growing technology company based out of IdeaLab (www.IdeaLab.com) in Pasadena, CA. Oben is in the process of building human interfaces for Artificial Intelligence and beyond. Here is more info about our company: http://goo.gl/gxpxwT