codeSpark is turning programing into play for kids everywhere. We’re building the largest community of young kid coders in the world. Our award-winning app, codeSpark Academy, has a unique word-free interface that allows kids as young as four to become makers. We have a strong focus on making codeSpark Academy exciting for both girls and boys.
We believe all kids should have the opportunity to master this new form of literacy and creative expression. Our self-directed subscription service thoughtfully combines structured challenges and open-ended creative play. Parents pay for home use while the service is free for schools and libraries.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Full-Stack Developer to join our award-winning Development Team.
- Develop server-side systems and tools (Node.js, MongoDB, AWS)
- Develop front-end web pages for marketing, accounts, dashboards (HTML, CSS)
- Integrate and maintain 3rd party platforms (authentication, analytics, attribution, etc)
- Work closely with product and marketing teams to translate customer needs into technical specifications
- Help maintain software, fix bugs, and release updates
- 5+ years experience in web, game, or related software development
- Experience and passion developing products for kids or casual audience
- Multi-platform development experience on mobile and web
- Devops experience maintaining, securing, and updating a live service on AWS
- Experience in full-stack web programming
- Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with subscription products is a plus
- Opportunity to shape strategy for a company having a global impact on K-5 education.
- The rare opportunity to change the world by helping create the first generation in history that is truly connected and collaborative.
- The fun of building an effective and multi-award winning product that is beloved by customers.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a creative and supportive office environment.
What we value
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Teaching or coaching experience for kids 5-9.
- A deep love of play, games, and silliness.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
codeSpark believes in diversity and inclusion of all people, of all genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, religions, abilities, socioeconomic backgrounds, immigration statuses, and more. Just as we hope to close access gaps in computer science education, we aim to create a culture within codeSpark that is inclusive and accessible to all current and potential employees.
codeSpark, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.