Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Edisun is creating cost-effective photovoltaic and concentrating solar power solutions to sustainably empower civilization. We use innovative mechanical, electrical, and algorithmic designs to track and concentrate the sun’s energy for commercial and industrial markets.
Own and drive the mechanical product design work for Edisun’s solar tracking products, with primary responsibility to include structural design and analysis of steel, plastic, and glass components and assemblies.
Key Position Accountabilities:
- Design – Create component and product assembly concepts, from 3D models to fully dimensioned part drawings. Support analysis, calculations, design reviews.
- Analysis – Use calculations, FEA, and other appropriate techniques to analyze structural and thermal behavior of solar trackers and related structures.
- Test support – Support reliability and functional test work with test engineers hands-on and at test sites
- Customer Interface – Create analysis, drawings, manuals and provide technical support to installers and construction partners
- Cost Reduction– Drive product design improvements for best materials, processes and assembly methods to provide best cost for intended function.
- BSME degree or higher with a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar role
- Advanced user of SolidWorks for various product and material types in 3D and 2D drawings
- Advanced user of ANSYS, SolidWorks Simulation, COMSOL, or other structural / thermal analysis software package
- Design experience with outdoor, long-life assemblies in low cost, high reliability use cases
- Passion for startup company style, hands-on, engaging work to get the job done
- Strong communication and organizational ability
- Strong production vendor and commercialization experience
- Proto fabrication, assembly and test experience
- Electromechanical actuators, bearings, fasteners, wind loads or solar industry
Edisun Microgrids, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.