Sr. Security Operator
Job Title: Sr Security Operator
Location: Fairmont, WV/Boulder CO
Security Clearance: Adjudicated Secret and Interim Top-Secret
IBSS is looking Senior level career cybersecurity candidate to support an operational enterprise Security Operations Center for a large federal agency. The Security Operations Center is a 24x7x365 SOC Watch Floor with shift coverage of SOC analysts, Incident Response support, and watch floor lead. The Sr. SOC Analyst performs manages the activities of Tier 1 & 2 operators in the process of investigating potential cyber security events and threats.
- Active participant in 24x7 operations of the Federal Client SOC and Federal Client ESOC.
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by Tier 1 analysts.
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
- Defining protocols and maturing ‘playbooks’ of operational response to cyber threats
- Working within the playbooks as defined
- Operate autonomously to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
- Participate and lead SOC working groups. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies.
- Provide teaching / mentoring to SOC Tier 1 Analysts
- 2-4 years of relevant SOC experience within specific security disciplines (i.e. forensics, email security, monitoring + detection, mobility, etc.)
- Inquisitive, problem-solving oriented
- In depth understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors
In depth understanding of operational requirements and impacts of working within a FISMA High System.
- Basic understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors.
- Understanding & Knowledge of Cyber Kill Chain
- Ability to adjust to “day and night” shift rotational schedule. (Variable Shift) 24x7 operations (8- or 12-hour rotating shift schedule) able to support day + night shift, holidays, weekends, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
- CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler
- ECC CEH (Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker)
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- GISF (GIAC Information Security Fundamentals)
- CISSP (ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional)
- SCNP (Security Certified Network Professional)
- SCNA (Security Certified Network Architect)
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Adjudicated Secret and Interim Top-Secret
- Must have U.S. Citizenship work authorization to serve Federal Client
About IBSS Corp
IBSS is a Woman-Owned, WBENC-certified and MBE/DBE-certified business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, matching 401K plan, tuition/training reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please submit requests for additional information and qualified resumes