Job Title: System/Dataflow Analyst
Location: College Park, MD & Remote
IBSS is looking for a full-time System/Dataflow Analyst to support the transition of a new High-Performance Computing System for one of our federal clients. This position requires the incumbent to perform data management activities such as ingest, quality control, monitoring, archival, retrieval, and dissemination. The client's central operations database on average ingests 270 Gigabytes of environmental data from various sources and disseminates over 5 Terabytes of data each day. This position would support systems with 24x7 operations that run many of the weather, climate and environmental models for our federal customer. This position would support the central operations database to transitioning all of their operational applications to new systems that must be completed by early 2022.
- Verify observed and model-generated data for quality control, archival, and efficient retrieval.
- Monitor and ensure accurate dataflow to all operational systems and customers.
- Acquire new datasets for use in the Integrated Dissemination Program (IDP) system and the WCOSS system and provide support for data ingest and dissemination.
- Provide operational support for NCEP’s data dissemination software – DBNet.
- Assist with upgrades to environmental modeling software.
- Modify data-related software and scripts for testing on computer platforms
- Enforce engineering standards and produce all necessary testing and implementation documentation that is required as part of changes or upgrades.
- Troubleshoot problems with the data aspects of the NCEP Production Suite, both during normal business hours and off-hours as needed.
- Be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers such as forecasters, scientists, and developers on all aspects of observational data.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the client task manager and program manager.
- Bachelor of Science in atmospheric sciences or meteorology, computer science, mathematics, or a related physical science.
- 5+ years of experience working with data modeling systems.
- Experience with Linux/Unix scripting including shell scripting, Perl, and/or Python.
- Attention to Detail with a focus on Customer service.
- Strong technical written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of transfer protocols used include Secure Copy (SCP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Local Data Manager (LDM), and WGET.
- Experienced working with applications in an HPC environment.
- Knowledge of the NCO model production suite
- Experience with DBNet System
- Experience with numerical modeling principles
- Experience supporting a 24x7 mission-critical system
- Experience with scientific data dissemination and observation systems.
About IBSS Corp
IBSS is a Woman-Owned, WBENC-certified and MBE/DBE-certified business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cyber-security, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, matching 401K plan, tuition/training reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please submit requests for additional information and qualified resumes to: email@example.com