Job Title: Budget Support
Location: Silver Spring, MD
IBSS is seeking a full-time, talented Budget Support professional that will provide direct support to OLE staff with finance and budget management activities. We are seeking a professional who is highly efficient, organized, and has strong communication skills. Please Note: The opening of this role is contingent upon future vacancies on the project, as such we are accepting resumes for review and further consideration.
- Assist in reviews of budget formulation and/or execution for the Divisions and the HQ office.
- Updates policies to ensure compliance is consistent with DOC, NOAA, and NMFS policies and procedures. Conduct sample audits.
- Loads the Budget Operating Plans (BOPS) into Commerce Business Systems (CBS).
- Collect data and conduct cost analysis for execution of budgets.
- Develop financial spreadsheets and graphs in prescribed formats.
- Develop training presentations and conduct webinars with budget staff and management.
- Coordinate efforts between Federal agencies in the development of memorandum of understandings and inter-agency agreements. Must be familiar with Cost Reimbursable federal process.
- Run and review reports in the financial system and contact the appropriate individuals with any discrepancies in order to initiate a Document Level Adjustment for non-labor and labor (DLA/DLCA).
- Assist with strategic planning, performance measures and coordinates with Divisions and Headquarters to gather data for input into the Electronic Annual Operating Plan (eAOP) program to monitor progress of efforts in reaching goals preset in the organization’s milestones.
- Prepare the financial documents payment processing for the Joint Enforcement Agreement Program.
- Monitor and track payments and invoice submissions in the MARS reporting system.
- Function as the point of contact for the Asset Forfeiture Fund (AFF).
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all Budget and Administrative functions. Update and maintain policies that can be electronically disseminated to OLE staff. Review and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Conduct random audits on financial systems and obligating documentation.
- Update and maintain SharePoint.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the client task manager and program manager.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 2+ years of related experience in budget and finance within the federal space.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation development, familiarity with Federal financial management, analysis of data, creating charts, acquisition process, auditing, problem solving, and familiarity with Appropriations Law.
- Ability to work in a team–oriented environment.
- Positive attitude with a strong work ethic and solid organizational skills.
- Resourcefulness and the ability to think on your feet is imperative for this role.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications especially; Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills including; verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Exhibits a strong commitment to confidentiality and professionalism.
- Demonstrate initiative, sound judgement with a “can do” proactive attitude.
- Superior researching skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and superior attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities at any given time.
About IBSS Corp
IBSS is a Woman-Owned, WBENC-certified and MBE/DBE-certified business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, matching 401K plan, tuition/training reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please submit requests for additional information and qualified resumes to: email@example.com