Grants Management Consultant
HWC is looking for consultants with expertise in grants management, process improvement and communications. Successful applicants walk the line between business and technology, are intellectually curious, self-starters, and excel in ambiguous and changing environments.
What You Will be Doing:
- Providing consultative support and recommendations to a federal client in soliciting, evaluating, awarding, managing and administering grants
- Using financial, administrative, business and negotiation procedures
- Supporting, and possibly leading, projects or tasks using project management methods
- Identifying and clearly communicating opportunities for process streamlining to inform executive-level decision makers and support their decision-making
- Quickly building and maintaining effective working relationships with government points of contact and other HWC teammates.
Most Relevant Skills:
- Working knowledge of grants management concepts, practices, and procedures
- Consulting and problem-solving skills
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis and reporting
- Communications and stakeholder engagement
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 – 8 years of experience working with Federal grants and/or cooperative agreements (internships applicable)
- US Citizenship
- “Clean” criminal and financial/credit record enabling a successful U.S. government “Public Trust” background investigation
- Federal and/or commercial management consulting experience, particularly with Small Business Administration and/or Federal Emergency Management Agency grants programs
- Task or project management experience
- Experience working with Federal government grants management processes and systems. Experience with PRISM Grants is particularly desirable.
HWC believes in changing the world for good. We are a multidisciplinary firm headquartered in Washington, DC that helps mission-driven partners inside and outside government create meaningful, durable change.
We also believe in creating a vibrant culture where our employees can collaborate, explore new ideas and grow professionally. Specialized communities of practice, a flexible career growth model, social gatherings, philanthropic initiatives, virtual brown bags, and numerous grassroots initiatives complement a comprehensive benefits program designed with our employees’ needs in mind. HWC is a welcoming community that is stronger because of our team’s diverse backgrounds and experiences. Visit https://www.hwcinc.com/life-at-hwc/ to learn more about being part of HWC.