Category Sourcing Manager - Direct & Indirect (HDNA)
Position: Category Sourcing Manager (HDNA) – Direct and Indirect
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Director, Indirect Sourcing
LEVOLOR Window Fashions, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of custom and sizable window covering products including blinds and shades. LEVOLOR is part of the Hunter Douglas family of companies and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 1914, we are committed to delivering innovative, high quality products to consumers under the most recognized brand in our industry today.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of this position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request.
The primary role of the Category Sourcing Manager – Direct and Indirect is to establish, manage and execute strategy for Hunter Douglas North America businesses. The Sourcing Manager is responsible for negotiating, evaluating, directing and/or coordinating the category spend and vendor relationships within these categories. This includes the identification of year over year productivity opportunities, strategic direction, and material, service, and operational improvements.
This position will reside in Atlanta Georgia and will report to Director, Indirect Procurement
- Be a trusted business advisor to stakeholders, providing counsel and guidance in the acquisition of products and services. Provide intelligence on industry trends and best practices to develop future strategies. Have a laser-focus on exceeding stakeholder expectations;
- Demonstrate leadership through innovation, data-driven decision making and superior communication and teamwork;
- Apply industry best practices and market trends to create forward-thinking category strategies;
- Lead end-to-end competitive bids through the full process of requirements, market analysis, bidding, selection, negotiating, contracting, and supplier management;
- Meet or exceed year-over-year cost reductions for assigned categories. Deliver savings and payment term improvements and other value-added contributions to Hunter Douglas North America’s P&L;
- Produce spend analytics and reporting to stakeholders to identify new savings opportunities;
- Conduct periodic business reviews with key suppliers to ensure adherence to service levels, recognition of hard savings, and implementation of continuous improvement. Implement and manage compliance metrics and performance KPI’s;
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Supply/Demand Planners and Supply Chain Team
- Brand Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, or relevant major/curriculum required
- At least 5 – 7 years of progressive Sourcing or relevant Supply Chain experience in management of materials. Masters in related field is a plus.
- Specific experience in metals and component sourcing, as well as packaging, engineering, and or manufacturing is preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or operations environment required
- Contract negotiation, vendor management and manufacturing related experience required
- Working knowledge and understanding of SAP/ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify, leverage, and implement metrics and other tools to drive supplier performance
Technical Experience and other Requirements:
- Strong understanding and proficiency of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to utilize quantitative and analytical skills to assess business situations and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience and ability to contribute in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and small amounts of information to define actionable steps.
- Window Coverings Industry experience preferred
LEVOLOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.