Security Guard, Part time
The Security Officer at hunter Douglas works on a small team and is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for customers and coworkers by patrolling, monitoring premises and performing search procedures. In this role you will interact with all Hunter Douglas employees and visitors and will play an important part in ensuring that Hunter Douglas continues to be a great place to work. Hours can be flexible 2-3 days a week with at least one day being a weekend day. All day time hours.
- Strong decision making capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Safety minded
- Self- motivated
- Comfortable working with a computer
Acceptable Training and Experience
- High School diploma and 1 or more year of security experience
- Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license with a driving record in good standing
- Tours premises and monitors grounds via surveillance equipment.
- Observe and report suspicious activities and persons.
- Monitor points of access in a building or property to allow entry only to individuals with the correct identification or authorization. In some situations.
- Write detailed incident reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs).
- Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance.
- Provides ID badges for employees. Greets and directs visitors, provides temporary visitor ID badges and maintains a visitor log. Ensures on-site contractors are on the approved contractors list.
- Response to security breaches and prepares and files reports describing incidents, accidents and intrusions.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Qualifications for employment
Solid knowledge of field policies, proceedures, and practices
Solid Ability with Microsoft Word
Solid Ability to write reports.
Solid decision making skills
Solid Ability to communicate with employees, contractor, vendors, emergency providers
About the Window Fashions Division:
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division is a manufacturing site located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses 756,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1,100 employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale products such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades,