Join the IoT and Smart Home boom. As an integral part of the connected home, Hunter Douglas PowerView shades adjust themselves automatically, by the push of a button, or at the sound of your voice, creating the perfect room ambiance morning, noon, and night. We integrate into smart home systems such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Control4 or function as a stand-alone system using the PowerView app and accessories.
The Associate Product Manager, Motorization plays an integral role as the product ambassador and technical liaison to internal and external customers.
What you have:
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field – preferably engineering, computer science, or marketing. Two to three years of related product management and/or product marketing experience is required – ideally with home automation, IoT, consumer electronics, or other technical products.
What you do:
Product Communications and Representation
- Creates and maintains product documentation and collateral, including: Step-By-Step Guides; knowledge articles; Installation, Operation, and Care manuals; and Technical Document Source content. Ensures informational and grammatical consistency and accuracy.
- Communicates product updates to internal and external customers and stakeholders via Chatter, bulletins, newsletters, etc.
- Participates in annual events for dealers and installers. Assists in presentation development for events and National Sales Meeting.
- Coordinates and programs shade and component setups for eventss as well as for integration partners.
- Assists with and supports motorization sampling and photography efforts. Analyzes existing photography/sampling, identifies gaps, and works with product, marketing, and sampling groups to fill gaps.
- Coordinates launch materials, product training materials, and sales communications for new products.
- Works with integration partners to receive approval for all co-branded documentation and marketing materials.
- Assists in the creation of new training initiatives and curriculums.
Product/Market Research and Reporting
- Prepares and distributes monthly Unit and Dollar Sales Report as well as additional ad-hoc reporting.
- Assists in obtaining and analyzing competitive products. Creates and maintains competitive analysis report for business use.
- Assists in creating and maintaining a beta test community for PowerView. Identifies participants, coordinates test samples and distribution. Ensures all legal requirements are met. Drives community engagement.
- Monitors and reports on traditional, online and social media mentions/reviews of Hunter Douglas motorization products and initiatives.
Product Development and Launch
- Assists in creating product platforms that include product objectives, requirements, pricing and costing goals, and a forecast. Participates in cross-functional product development teams.
- Assists product launch efforts. Works cross functionally to implement product launches.
- Serves as an active participant and contributor to new product development, new product rollouts and line extensions for all business functions.
- Maintains the Known Issues List. Participates in cross funcational weekly meetings. Reports trends and concerns to product management and engineering teams. Supports quality initiatives from a product management position.
- Adheres to project and departmental budgets. Compiles, analyzes and summarizes sales data for assigned product lines.
- Prepares and submits purchase requisitions for the product team.
- Prepares and submits sample shade requests to support product team testing, 3rd party integrations, and marketing/PR opportunities.
Expert knowledge of correct grammar usage.
Solid knowledge of communication skills and how to adapt to various situations.
Solid knowledge of analyzing and comparing competitive data.
Solid knowledge of project management practices.
Solid knowledge of computer use and software packages such as, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs
Solid knowledge of how to research additional technical sources for use in troubleshooting operational problems.
Basic knowledge of product development process for both hardware and software products
Basic knowledge of the product line.
Basic knowledge of connected home technologies and the Internet of Things
Basic knowledge of consumer electronics
Skill in presenting recommendations for action plans to management based on the analysis.
Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical schematics and drawings.
Ability to utilize creative problem solving techniques and exhibit personal initiative to resolve problems.
Ability to utilize creative thinking and problem solving techniques on a daily basis.
Ability to prioritize and organize multiple work assignments.
What we do
Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window coverings and maker of iconic architectural products, offers thoughtful design, industry-leading innovation, and a family oriented culture. Our nine decade history has created a legacy of innovations and excellence. Hunter Douglas provides a positive work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division is located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses a 756,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1000 employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale products such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades, Silhouette®, Vignette®, Nantucket™ Window Shadings, and Luminette Privacy Sheers®.
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site training and development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!