IT Service Desk Intern
Title: IT Service desk intern
Job Summary: In this role You will work with tier 1 and tier 2 service desk personnel to support the Hunter Douglas campus with a variety of computer systems administration, operations and support tasks on a high performing Information Technology Operations and Service Desk team providing a single point of contact for end users and technical staff with the expectation of end-to-end ownership (e.g.- logging, tracking, problem analysis, research, resolution and reporting) for all Service Incidents and Service Requests.
Basic Essential duties or projects:
- Activities include analyzing, constructing, documenting, testing, maintaining, trouble-shooting and supporting of PC hardware, operating systems, software applications, peripherals, and communication de-vices for the entire organization. Requires good organizational and communications skills with the ability to work with users diplomatically and skillfully.
- Gather appropriate information to properly troubleshoot
- User System Profile/Account Support: Responsible to manage, support and Coordinate End-User account administration, activation, changes and terminations
- Remote Device and Software Management: manage, maintain and troubleshoot devices and software remotely over the Network to minimize the need to dispatch technical personnel for Incident Resolution.
- Operational Processes: perform continuous system monitoring and operational processes to ensure the integrity and availability of all business critical services
- Change Management: monitor and communicate the progress of high risk planned changes and identify non-planned
- Communication: quickly communicate/escalate all Severity 1 and 2 incidents to support team and management and provide a clear picture of all ticket and task status
- Knowledge and Documentation Management: improve the customer’s efficiency and effectively by utilizing knowledge databases and best practices in the areas of customer reporting, logging, tracking, resolving of IT Incidents and Service Requests.
Why you might want to Intern in this role: This internship will provide a great opportunity to learn and grow in the IT space. An intern on the Service Desk will interact with IT Infrastructure at all levels, including virtual servers, networking and IT monitoring tools, tape backup and disaster recovery, as well as hands on experience in an enterprise ticketing system. The selected intern will also be asked to support multiple large scale projects that are currently underway as well as planned. This will allow for a great amount of learning and growing as they are able to support large scale projects that impact the entire North American operation.
Experience Required: Currently enrolled in a degree program or graduated within the last year. The ideal intern would have some foundational experience in computing and networking support, with a strong passion and desire to learn. Some technical background required. Basic knowledge of PC's including Windows 10 environments. Basic knowledge of Microsoft office products and use. Basic understanding of networking concepts.
To view a video about interning with Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division visit: https://youtu.be/fiGXdxxs0AE