About the Company:
Beautiful design, industry-leading innovation, and a highly entrepreneurial global culture - all parts of your daily life at Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window fashions and maker of iconic architectural products.
Our nine decade history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
About The Role:
The Financial Analyst, FP&A will provide financial reporting, analysis and decision support to both corporate & divisional departments as well as assist the overall FP&A department with consolidation, reporting, forecasting and analytics. This role is cost center and expense-focused and will have its own specific areas of accountability (e.g., specific corporate/divisional department(s) and/or expense line items). The successful analyst would be cross-functionally trained within the FP&A department.
Analysis and Decision Support:
- Provide concise, effective and actionable financial results and analyses
- Provide financial analytical support to departments, with a focus on capital and expense reduction
- Develop and measure KPIs for Corporate & Divisional cost reduction initiatives and partner cross-divisionally to share best practices company-wide
- Support overall Corporate FP&A department with ad hoc projects, including variance analysis and other business critical initiatives
Reporting, Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Key support on quarterly Business Alignment Meetings, Presentations, P&L modeling and ad hoc projects; Assist with company-wide preparation of monthly consolidated management reporting with focus on corporate & divisional departments
- Help drive the execution, consolidation and reporting of different planning cycles, with a focus on process improvement, timeliness and accuracy
- Assist with the annual budget and planning process, forecasts and short / long term range plans – with a focus on variance analysis / cause of change
- Analyze and report monthly on variances to budget and latest forecast to help drive understanding of business results
- Assist with critical process improvement initatives with an eye towards ensuring strong operational controls, simplified transperancy and efficiency
- Specials projects and assignments as needed
- Bachelors’ Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 1-3 years combined professional financial planning, accounting or financial reporting experience (internships included)
- Strong foundation in accounting fundamentals
- Consumer products, retail or manufacturing experience helpful
- Proactive thinking and problem solver, who is intellectually curious and eager to deliver results
- Strong attention to detail; exceptional financial acumen and analytical capabilities; and strong intellectual curiosity coupled with high standards for precision and organization
- Dedicated, flexible and able to quickly adjust to changes in priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficient presentation capability
- Highly accountable for full deliverable, regardless of what pieces are owned directly
- Exceptional MS Excel and PowerPoint skills; Knowledge of SAP, Business Objects and Oracle Hyperion preferred