IT Project Coordinator Intern
Job Summary: An intern in this role will support other project managers in a tight knit IT PMO. You will experience and support various enterprise wide IT project initiatives.
Basic Essential duties or projects:
- Work alongside PMO leadership and project managers to provide support with various activities
- Manage specific activities within a project (ie: communications, test planning, etc)
- Create and/or update project-related documents (ie: issue logs, test logs, project plans, etc.)
- Organize meetings and document meeting minutes & action items
- Assist with the review and updates of the IT Project Portfolio (collecting status updates, updating PPM Pro tool with data, help publish reports, etc.)
- Assist with the review and updates of PMO Website
- Assist with the review and updates of PMO Processes & Templates
- Assist with the review and updates of IT Tool Documentation (training materials, guidelines)
- Assist with other activities as directed
Why you might want to Intern in this role: In this internship you will learn communication strategies in working with business and It SME’s, project management tips and tricks, project management tools such as Smart Sheets, Innotas and Google sheets. You will have an opportunity to experiences many facets of IT Project management.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skill
- Ability to multi-task
- Desire to learn more about project management
Experience Required: College courses with emphasis on Business and/or IT and or Project Management. Experience with MS Office suite and/or Google Drive/Docs
Application requirements include: Resume and Cover letter and short answer response to the following questions: “What information is important to collect when starting a new project and why?”
To view a video about interning with Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division visit: https://youtu.be/fiGXdxxs0AE
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division Summer Internship program offers interns more than just a job. Interns are invited to participate in short training courses designed specifically to help prepare them for interviewing and job seeking as well as skills to enhance their professional presentation. Interns will also have the opportunity to work on projects with other interns cross functionally, participate in a volunteer event for the community, network with professionals throughout the organization, and enjoy team building activities. The Internship program aims to provide students with an experience that will benefit their professional and educational growth.
Hunter Douglas is the world’s leading manufacturer of window coverings. Our strength is our ability to develop innovative, high-quality, proprietary products that can be found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the globe. Across the board and throughout the world, we have set new standards in research, design and technology. By constantly innovating and pairing our designs with the most elegant performance fabrics, we create long-lasting unique window treatments whose beauty, functionality, durability, and innovation are simply like no other.