Comfortex is looking for a Maintenance Technician on 3rd shift (10:30 PM Sunday - 7:00 AM Friday).
Comfortex is one of America's largest manufacturers of window treatment products conveniently located in Watervliet, NY. Comfortex is always looking to hire highly motivated and dedicated individuals. We seek individuals who are enthusiastic about their work and have a desire to build a career with a growing company. As one of the fastest growing window treatment manufacturers, Comfortex can offer you unlimited potential for professional growth. In addition to an excellent starting rate, Comfortex offers all the benefits you are looking for including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, and STD, Personal/Vacation Leave, 401(k) Plan, Educational Assistance, Flexible Spending Account and more!
- Visually inspects and tests machinery, equipment, facility systems and structure.
- Observes machines, equipment, facility systems and structure to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts as required.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, equipment and other parts of machinery as necessary.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such or programmable controllers.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be experienced in electrical, electronics, pneumatics, hydraulic, plus have a working knowledge of machine mechanics.
- Minimum of 2 years experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read measuring instruments, including rulers, tape measures, calipers and micrometers.
- Must be competent in math to effectively discharge responsibilities of position, including use of fractions, decimals, whole numbers and addition, subtraction, division, multiplications by long hand method.
- Must be able to work safely, which includes the ability to display common sense in every facet of this position. Ability to solve practical problems and to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized solutions.
- Must be trainable and certifiable to be licensed in the operation of Forklifts, Scissor Lifts and any equipment deemed necessary by competent legal authority to discharge the duties of this position. This includes required training programs applicable to this position, such as OSHA Lockout/Tagout, Powered Industrial Truck, Hazard Communication, Ladder Safety and all other required training topics for this position.