Sr. Director, Planning
Position: Sr. Director, Planning
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: VP, Supply Chain
Department: Supply Chain
Hunter Douglas is the world’s leading manufacturer of window coverings as well as a major manufacturer of architectural products. Our strength is our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products that can be found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the globe.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of this position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request.
The Sr. Director, Planning will lead all three pillars of supply chain planning (Demand, Supply and Capacity) to deliver outstanding customer service while minimizing risk and driving profitability. This role will focus in four key areas:
- Ensuring outstanding customer service
- Production plan optimization
- Inventory management
- Talent development, retention and productivity
- Develop and implement S&OP best practices across Hunter Douglas North America (HDNA)
- Responsible for aligning the departmental strategy with overall goals and targets of the business
- Act as a change leader who provides vision, direction and strategy for the supply chain that consistently and reliably delivers high levels of customer service. Risks to customer service are proactively identified and mitigated using cross-functional levers and methods.
- Assists in the implementation and use of SAP which aids in purchasing, warehousing and inventory control of materials for business units.
- Define and deploy planning policies and parameters that continually improve the balance between inventory and service levels
- Ensure all demand for the network is consolidated to then drive an optimized supply plan that drives efficiency and profitability at internal and third party manufacturing sites across the global network.
- Drives understanding of material yield performance so as to ensure improvement in usage, inventory and BOM accuracy.
- Lead a team responsible for short and midterm capacity oversight that incorporates product life cycle phases and new product introductions. Strong collaboration with manufacturing site and sourcing leadership will be critical to increase plant efficiency and profitability.
- Develops purchasing guidelines for the buyers to insure the purchase of quality materials and timely delivery. Ensures appropriate escalations along with root cause and counter measure planning for performance issues.
- Partner cross-functionally to identify and implement end to end inventory reduction opportunities that improve profitability and balance acquisition cost while avoiding excess and obsolete inventories.
- Lead the development of the supply chain strategic financial plan and periodic business plan updates
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. An MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant supply chain experience is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the End to End Supply Chain flow and interdependencies across functions is required.
- Significant level of understanding of best practices in supply chain/materials management is required.
- An entrepreneurial self-starter with strong analytical skills, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to partner and communicate across functional levels is required.
- A diverse supply chain background is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority, experience working with competing business priorities, the ability to work in a matrix leadership environment and competency in translating marketplace dynamics.
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and/or certification is preferred.
- MS Office proficiency, specifically with Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- This candidate may be required to travel 25% of the time.
Hunter Douglas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply