Consumer Escalations Analyst
Nothing feels better than when you solve a problem or implement a positive change and make others happy in the process. Think back on those times where you and your work made a difference, even in something very small. That warm feeling of success and pride that you have in your core is something that you can experience often in this role. Hunter Douglas seeks to innovate and provide excellence in all aspects of its business and we need people who live and thrive in the continuous improvement mindset. In this role you will play an integral role in finding trends and improving processes to make things better and easier for Hunter Douglas consumers and consumer support agents.
You: This role combines your skills in data analysis, project coordination, and customer service. You flourish in an environment where you can analyze a situation or a process and find ways to streamline and improve. You enjoy looking at data and discovering the story that it tells. You excel at project coordination and appreciate the variety of tasks that working on projects provides.
The role: You will be the single point of contact (SPOC) for escalated service issues that arise within the Consumer Support organization for Hunter Douglas. The SPOC is committed to quickly and effectively resolving escalated incidents through excellent analysis, research, follow up and communications. Additionally, it is the focus of the SPOC to understand, document and present details surrounding escalated incidents with the underlying goal to prevent re-occurrences.
In addition, the position is responsible for auditing and documenting both inbound and outbound consumer support calls, cases, and written correspondence in Consumer Support to ensure that compliance with best practice procedures and consumer support expectations are met. The SPOC participates in the design of quality monitoring formats and quality standards. The SPOC is responsible for resolving escalated issues with internal and external customers. This position may be called on with the direction of the Manager/Team Lead or trainer for coaching and training on calls, cases and emails.
Acceptable training and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a customer focused environment
- Must have two years’ experience in a consumer affairs environment.
- Project management training strongly desired.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and an exceptional attention to detail are must haves, along with sound business acumen and the ability to work with others as part of a team.
- Strong knowledge of consumer interactions, social media, consumer survey processes and reporting.
- A willingness to pursue continuing education in the area of leadership development, customer service, and product technology through educational development activities or affiliation with professional associations is highly desired.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KSA’S FOR EMPLOYMENT
Solid knowledge and practical experience working with computer databases to extrapolate information to make sound business decisions for the department and the servicing needs of customers, dealers and fabricators.
Solid knowledge of computer use and software such as, Word and Excel.
Solid knowledge of the Sales Force and SAP or a comparable CRM and ERP system.
Expert knowledge of various coaching techniques to develop and motivate members of the Customer Support organization.
Ability to exercise judgmental flexibility when presented with business situations either with members of the department or customers whereby a standardized response will not suffice.
Ability to use empathetic listening skills in the course of day-to-day department or customer situations.
Expert knowledge of written and verbal communications to compose memos, letters and public presentations.
Skill in maintaining effective work relationships with department members, customers, dealers, and representatives of other departments within the company.
About the Window Fashions Division:
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division is located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses 756,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1000 employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale products such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades,
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!
- Act as the internal point of reference for consumer support for escalated issues that can otherwise not be resolved locally or require the intervention of a SPOC. Design and manage the process in which issues are routed internally and how to best utilize this service.
- Utilize Salesforce and SAP to thoroughly document and track all consumer contact, tasks, follow up and notes. Keep databases that can be used to analyze training opportunities, policy review or communication breakdowns within the organization. Work with the Consumer Affairs specialist to ensure escalated issues (i.e. to a team lead) are also being documented and handled appropriately.
- Work closely with the CS managers and trainers to design and execute training curriculum that will help reduce escalated issues and raise the overall capabilities of the Consumer Support Specialist (CAS) support representatives. Included would be communication soft-skills, product training, process adherence, etc.
- Gain visibility and awareness of ongoing product quality concerns and reoccurring issues that could be funneled back through to FAB and MFG operations. Document and research escalated consumer complaints to better understand the scope of the issues.
- Actively monitor consumer contacts/ interactions (phone, email, chat, fax) to better understand opportunities for improvement. Support Internal Quality Monitoring efforts by evaluating contacts and scoring agents.
- Support efforts to continue to improve internal documentation of work instructions, product and technical information and other resources made available to the CAS. Develop new and innovative tools that can aid the CAS in providing excellent service to the consumer.
- Identify and document trends in consumer challenges/issues as well as observed through the QA process of monitoring/auditing service and consumer interactions (calls, chats, cases and emails). Analyze data and information to identify systemic business or procedural issues —identify training/coaching opportunities and review with the CAS while keeping the Team Lead/Manager and Trainer involved.
- Participate in regular calibration sessions with consumer support leadership to ensure consistency in audit evaluation scoring approaches and interpretation of quality standards. Make recommendations on opportunities for further training/coaching—specific to individual agents, teams, or business unit as a whole.