Sr. Demand Planner
Position: Sr. Demand Planner
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Leader, Demand Planning
Department: Demand Planning
LEVOLOR Window Fashions, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of custom and stock window covering products including blinds and shades. LEVOLOR is part of the Hunter Douglas family of companies and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 1914, we are committed to delivering innovative, high quality products to consumers under the most recognized brand in our industry today.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of this position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request.
The primary role of the Sr. Demand Planner is to establish and refine an item level demand plan using statistical and analytical tools, intelligence gathering, and internal and external collaboration. The improvement of forecast accuracy and bias metrics are the key business measures used to determine effectiveness and process control.
- Execute the weekly and monthly demand planning activities essential to forecast accuracy.
- Manage all aspects related to the 18 month demand plan for assigned accounts or customer channel groups.
- Work with the Sales, Trade, and Marketing contacts to reflect promotional volumes and placement changes for demand visibility and Supply Chain execution.
- Monitor and adjust accordingly the customer sku-level demand plan using analytical and statistical tools, intelligence gathering and collaboration.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with Trade Marketing to review marketing plans and Brand level demand plans.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with Sales to understand the Demand.
- Execute all existing analytical tools and business processes to drive sku-level forecast accuracy and bias metric improvements and maintain overall plan alignment with the partnering teams.
- Collaborate with the Plant to understand the impact of the demand plan has on the plant, and the weekly forecast that impacts the plant.
- Lead the monthly collaborative planning cycle outlined by the S&OP process to achieve a consensus demand plan by working with Sales, Trade Marketing, and customer contacts.
- Acquire, understand, and incorporate customer data, insight and replenishment triggers in the development of the customer sku-level demand plan.
- Prepare and present the strategic account demand changes, performance results, and future plans at the S&OP Demand Agreement Meeting.
- Support the continuous improvement initiatives to refine existing process and tools and to develop the next generation of activities.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Managers and Customer Services team to communicate the impact of demand changes and promotional or placement events on the strategic account relationship and order management activities.
- Sales Teams
- Supply Chain Managers and Customer Service Representatives
- Trade/ Marketing Teams
- Supply Planners
- Customer Replenishment and Inventory Management Teams
- Bachelors/University degree in Supply Chain, Business, or relevant major/curriculum required.
- CPIM certification desirable.
- 3-5 years of Demand Planning or relevant Supply Chain experience:
- Planning, analytical assessment, or process management related
- ERP/demand planning systems experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to utilize quantitative and analytical skills to assess business situations and solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Working experience in cross-functional teams.
- Experience in SAP R/3, APO, BW preferred.
- Flixible, pro-active and results oriented.
- Ability to work indpendtly and lead cross-functional teams necessary.
- Understanding of Sales and Operations Planning process.
LEVOLOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply