Tooling Repair Technician
Hunter Douglas is the world market leader in window coverings and the most sought after name in custom window fashions. Our strength lies in our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the world. The Hunter Douglas Plastics & Die Casting facility has manufactured and assembled plastic injection moldings in Owensboro, KY since 1981. Our facility is fully air conditioned for a comfortable work environment.
Hunter Douglas offers a generous benefits package including affordable medical/dental insurance, vision, short term disability, life insurance, shift premium, paid vacation, earned PTO, paid holidays, and 401k plan. Hunter Douglas provides competitive wages with annual bonus and opportunity for advancement. We are looking to fill the following position:
TOOLING REPAIR TECHNICIANSkill Requirement:
- Advanced training in a tooling related field is a plus but not required.
- Two years of hands on experience in injection molding or a similar skilled trade.
- Knowledge of use of measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, and indicators.
- Basic knowledge in the use of machine tool equipment (mills, lathe, surface grinders).
- Must be able to read and understand mold prints.
- Must have valid driver's license and be able to drive company vehicles used in the delivery and retrieval of molds from local vendors.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Must be willing and able to take an active role in plant wide safety activities.
- Maintaining and/or repairing injection molding and zinc diecast tools.
- Making replacement components for tooling
- Preventative maintenance and in house location of all tooling
- Detecting mold component failure.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work space
- Utilize basic tool room equipment in the preventative maintenance of mold and die components.
- Will assemble and disassemble molds, read blueprints and use various types of lifting equipment.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
Candidates are responsible for taking an active role in plant-wide safety activities, having a solid work history, strong work ethic, and be accommodating to shift work. A high school diploma or GED is required, and a score of 4, 4, 4 on the WorkKeys is also desired.
Hunter Douglas is a drug-free workplace and pre-employment substance abuse testing is performed.
No phone calls please Equal Opportunity Employer