Embedded Systems Eng. 3
Senior Embedded Systems Engineer Lead
Our team is working on a dynamic/emerging motorization capability for the window shadings business and is the fastest growing segment of the business. This position allows you a chance to be in a foundational role where you will largely influence the direction of, and have an immediate impact on, the business. This position will be an integral part of our team of highly skilled embedded software and hardware engineers creating industry-leading connected home products for Hunter Douglas.
Leads the design, development, and testing for all aspects of electrical components, systems, equipment, and machinery using principles and techniques of computer science and electrical engineering. Develops ideas and concepts for electronic systems. This includes existing products, line extensions, product enhancements, new products, and test infrastructure. Work is performed for the various divisions and business functions of Hunter Douglas, Inc.
What you’ll do
- Leads and provides guidance to others in the areas of embedded software design/development and embedded hardware design/development.
- Leads development of electronic projects and firmware, working with other business functions and divisions to integrate motorization products into overall design.
- Develops and modifies firmware and/or software involved with embedded electronic systems.
- Develops algorithms, performs HW/SW validation/verification, and oversees/coordinates the work of others.
- Researches new or alternative technologies for implementation in new products or product enhancements.
- Oversees, coordinates, and evaluates work performed by suppliers/consultants and communicates with them on a frequent basis to review project progress and communicate project needs.
- Documents many aspects of the products such a requirements, firmware design, schematics, PCB’s, test results, etc.
- Assists business functions in product advancement teams by troubleshooting issues with PowerView and other motorized products.
- Trains the staff of the Technical Services department in the operational use and features of the electronic aspects of new and existing products.
What you’ll have
Expert knowledge of embedded systems design and implementation.
Expert knowledge of C programming, proficient in Assembly.
Proven ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
Demonstrated Ability to independently exercise judgment in making technical decisions
Demonstrated Ability to analyze cause and effect relationships involving product debug as well as research and development activities.
Demonstrated Ability in developing and maintaining effective work relationships with employees, across other business divisions, and with suppliers.
Demonstrated Ability to supervise work performance of employees, contract employees and suppliers.
Proficient in C programming and Python Scripting.
Proficient in various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, and their application.
Proficient with various software development tools such as Git, SVN, make, various IDE’s etc.
Proficient in both Windows and Linux/UNIX operating systems.
Solid knowledge of, and experience working with, small motor drive systems.
Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities of suppliers.
Solid knowledge of the principles of research and development methodology.
Solid knowledge of report writing and proper documentation procedures used in product development and research.
Solid knowledge of working with domestic regulatory agencies such as, Underwriters Laboratories and other similar type European regulatory agencies to obtain certifications of electronic products.
Solid knowledge of conventional aspects of Electrical Engineering
Solid knowledge of analog and digital circuits and embedded systems.
Skill in operation of electronic test equipment.
Ability to demonstrate an inquisitive initiative in performance of research and development work activities.
Ability to deal with conflicting design requirements with creativity and innovation.
Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and schematics.
Familiar with the concepts, practices, and procedures of Electrical Engineering.
Familiar with mechanical principles and material properties.
Acceptable training and experience includes a high school diploma or equivalent. A Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is highly desired. Experience within a research and development background is highly desired. 5+ years job experience in an area related to embedded systems design/development required.
What we do
Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window coverings and maker of iconic architectural products, offers thoughtful design, industry-leading innovation, and a family oriented culture. Our nine decade history has created a legacy of innovations and excellence. Hunter Douglas provides a positive work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division is located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses a 756,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1000 employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale products such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades, Silhouette®, Vignette®, Nantucket™ Window Shadings, and Luminette Privacy Sheers®.
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site training and development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!