Production Supervisor (Fabrication, 2nd Shift)
The role: A great leader is an integral part of creating an environment that fosters job satisfaction and can make a huge impact on employee motivation and attitude. Great leaders care about their employees, care about the work they do, and care about finding ways to improve. Our hardworking 2nd shift is looking for a great leader. This person is someone who is motivated by Improving efficiencies, solving problems, and helping others to thrive. Our team is full of positive, technically advanced employees who are hoping to have a strong and positive leader who will be a part of the team and help them to grow professionally while challenging them to be the best they can be. In official job description terms: The person in this role supervises all shift employees in a production facility and ensures that all company standards of product quality and production goals per shift are met in a safe manner. In short: The person in this role motivates, guides, and leads employees toward a common goal.
Acceptable experience and training:
- A college degree in a business related field with production experience is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience- in a production type environment.
About the Window Fashions Division:
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division is located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses 756,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1000 employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale products such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades,
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!
Solid knowledge of Capacity Planning – Equipment/Personnel against business needs.
Solid knowledge of the principles of training adult learners.
Solid knowledge of equipment operations, ISO standards, and work processes associated with production.
Solid knowledge of supervisory management practices and principles.
Solid knowledge of the use of computer software packages including Kaizen.net, SAP, Excel, Word, and Gmail.
Solid knowledge of documentation processes to include training, procedural, and performance based is highly preferred.
- Analyzes, adjusts, recommends and reports on necessary operational opportunities/ changes ensuring production goals are achieved.
- On a daily basis, and if necessary several times during the course of the day, reviews production needs and directs Team Coordinators with necessary recommendations to ensure production goals are met for the day.
- Addresses production needs such as, equipment malfunctions and breakdowns, problems encountered with materials through interactions with QA, Materials group, Engineering and Maintenance to ensure sufficient support necessary to meet our production schedule.
- Reviews the previous day’s shift production performance with Team Coordinators.
- Continually addresses opportunities for improvement within production processes through a matrix based root cause analysis.
- Monitors staffing needs by analyzing production schedule forecasts, open order rate and project support and makes staffing recommendations.
- Promotes safety awareness and monitors near miss incidents.
- Provides leadership and coaching to motivate and inspire employees.
- Ensures on time completion of Performance Reviews. Develops individual growth and development plans for each employee.
- Records and monitors employee scheduling.
- Conducts team meetings to update team members on goals, solicit process improvement suggestions, and respond to employee inquiries.
- Meets with personnel from other departments such as, Engineering, Materials, Quality Assurance and other shift leaders to discuss and resolve problems that directly affect production goals.
- Communicates daily with employees on the shift by actually walking the production floor and discussing concerns regarding equipment or employee work related issues.