Supplier Quality Engineer
Position: Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Sr Manager Quality Control
LEVOLOR Window Fashions, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of custom and sizable window covering products including blinds and shades. LEVOLOR is part of the Hunter Douglas family of companies and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 1914, we are committed to delivering innovative, high quality products to consumers under the most recognized brand in our industry today.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of this position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request.
The primary role of the Supplier Quality Engineer is to use advanced Problem Solving tools to identify Root Cause of Problems and prevent recurrence of Supplier Quality issues. Coordinate the PPAP process and the Supplier Evaluation Program.
- Improve Supplier’s performance by implementing strategies that prevent sending defective parts, components and/or raw material to Levolor’s fabrication and assembly facilities.
- Coordinate PPAP requirements with Suppliers.
- Coordinates the Supplier Approval Process.
- Provides training to existing and New Suppliers on the “Levolor PPAP Requirements”.
- Use advanced Problem Solving tools to identify Root Cause of Problems and prevent recurrence of Quality escapes at the Supplier’s site.
- Work as a liaison between Suppliers and Levolor functions to communicate findings, top priorities, status of corrective actions, and replacement of product due to defective materials reported by the Levolor sites.
- Coordinates the Supplier Evaluation program.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives with Suppliers to improve Product Quality, Service and Cost Performance.
- Perform Supplier Audits: Qualification and/or follow-up audits.
- Prepares Quality Reports and discuss improvement plans with Sourcing and Engineering functions on components generating scrap or affecting process efficiency at the different Levolor sites.
- Provides disposition and obtains credits from Suppliers on defective components, raw materials and parts.
- Review quality reports and drive actions to improve quality performance of suppliers.
- Ensure Corrective actions, NCRs, are closed in a timely manner.
- Supports the NPD, New Product Development, process by defining Test Plans, completing dimensional evaluations and releasing PSWs.
- Coordinate PLV, Production Line Verification, with the applicable Levolor facility when approving a new supplier on an existing component/raw material, introducing a new component/raw-material from an existing or new supplier, or introducing a new component from an existing supplier.
- Preform other SQE activities as specific projects require.
- BS degree in engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering, preferred Textile industry.
- Experience on NPI, Process Map, PFMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, and Effective Problem Solving.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with Suppliers to achieve common goals.
- Proactive and Results oriented.
- “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude.
- Outstanding organization, communication, and listening skills.
- Experience on Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Process Audit experience.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional work groups including suppliers, customers and associates, both verbally and in writi
- Maintains appropriate focus on short- and long-term goals.
- Motivated by achievement, and persists until goals are reached, conveying a sense of urgency.
- Travel requirements: up to 25%.
- Microsoft literate.
- ISO 9001 experience.
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred.
- Window Coverings Industry experience preferred
LEVOLOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply