The HunterDouglas Plastics & Die Casting facility has manufactured and assembled plastic injection moldings in Owensboro, KY since 1981. All Hunter Douglas brand products are designed, developed and custom-crafted in the U.S. We are looking to fill the following position:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Two years formal training or its equivalent, and one-year industrial experience in die-casting. Experience may be considered in lieu of education/formal training.
- Ability to read part prints and technical operation manuals.
- Have good mechanical ability and analytical skills.
- Reads part criteria and test product according to said criteria.
- Use calipers and gauges for measuring product.
- Fill zinc pots to feed die-cast machine.
- Follow and confirm preventive maintenance schedules, and record findings.
- Keep work area in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion in accordance with 6s.
- Frequent bending and lifting up to 40 pounds, and on occasion sliding up to 80 pounds.
- Tolerate ambient temperatures of 90 degrees with peeks of 100 degrees at 90% humidity
- Push and pull pallets of parts and material using pallet jack.
- Use A-frame and hoist to lift molds in and out of machines, and to dump and move bins of diecast parts, and to lower watersoak bins into tank.
- Skim dross out of die cast pots that are 840 degrees wearing face shield, die cast coat, sleeves, and gloves.
- Lift mold 1/2s to put in machine.
HunterDouglas Owensboro offers a generous benefits package. Including Medical/Dental Insurance, Vision, Short Term Disability, Life insurance, 5% shift deferential, paid vacation, PTO, paid holidays, 401k plan, competitive wages with a yearly incentive plan, and opportunity for advancement.
We require a high school diploma or GED and a score of 4, 4, 4 on the WorkKeys test to proceed in our hiring process. All candidates must be willing and able to take an active role in plant wide safety activities, have a strong work ethic, and be willing to work any shift.
We also maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.