About The Company:
Beautiful design, industry-leading innovation, and a highly entrepreneurial global culture - all parts of your daily life at Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window fashions and maker of iconic architectural products.
Our nine decade history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
About The Role:
The Ergonomic Specialist is an integral part of the Employee Health and Safety and Risk Management team. In addition to daily responsibilities, this role is responsible for developing, deploying and maintaining a company-wide ergonomic program.
- Develop, deploy and manage a Hunter Douglas North America Ergonomic Program.
- Track Ergonomics cost savings to fund data and analytics resource
- Advise management of organization regarding human factors in the design, evaluation and operation of products and systems
- Empower the divisions through Data Analytics (provide insights on root cause of injuries, by role, site, etc.)
- Train users in task techniques and ergonomic principles.
- Assess physical environments by using measuring instruments, subjective assessments, performance and response measurements, modeling and simulations.
- Must be willing to travel throughout North America
- Assist Corporate Safety & Risk Management team with safety & health audits.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Ergonomics and Human Factors, Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental, Health & Safety.
- At least two years of experience working in an ergonomics role in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety regulations required.
- Detailed understanding of general industry standards and knowledge of basic health and safety concepts such as hazard & risk assessment, behavior-based safety, machine / equipment safety etc.
- The ability to develop and lead Safety training programs.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify problems, resolve issues, mitigate risks, and initiate continuous improvements initiatives.