HunterDouglas is the world market leader in window coverings and the most sought after name in custom window fashions. Our strength lies in our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the world. The Hunter Douglas Plastics & Die Casting facility has manufactured and assembled plastic injection moldings in Owensboro, KY since 1981. Our facility is fully air conditioned for a comfortable work environment.
Hunter Douglas offers a generous benefits package including affordable medical/dental insurance, vision, short term disability, life insurance, shift premium, paid vacation, earned PTO, paid holidays, and 401k plan. Hunter Douglas provides competitive wages with annual bonus and opportunity for advancement. We are looking to fill the following position:
MOLDING TECHNICIAN - 2nd Shift
This position is responsible for safely and efficiently setting, running and troubleshooting injection molds to produce products that meet customer specifications in accordance with established policies and procedures. The technician also reads part drawings and verifies parts for quality requirements, as well as, setting molds, starting up and shutting down all molding machines for production.
Required Skills and Experience
- 6+ months of injection molding experience preferred.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Capable of learning and developing process parameters for injection molding machines.
- Basic knowledge of injection mold and mold components.
- Basic knowledge of plastics materials used by HunterDouglas.
- Basic knowledge of injection molding process and related equipment.
- Must be able to work any hours.
- Must be able to safely work under pressure and at a fast pace.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must be able to work in an environment with ever-changing priorities.
Candidates are responsible for taking an active role in plant-wide safety activities, have a solid work history, strong work ethic, and be accommodating to shift work. A high school diploma or GED is required, and a score of 4, 4, 4 on the WorkKeys is also desired.
Hunter Douglas is a drug-free workplace and pre-employment substance abuse testing is performed.
No phone calls please Equal Opportunity Employer