The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the sourcing of equipment, materials, supplies, and services essential to the company, ensuring that purchases are of the required quality and quantity, at the most economical costs, and of timely delivery. The successful candidate will be able to appraise and improve our sourcing activities by analyzing the company’s supplier related spending, supplying partnerships, plus evaluate and recommend new supplier relationships.
- Proactively utilize information and statistical methods to evaluate data related to the company’s suppliers to gain insights and identify innovative ideas to advance efficiency, effectiveness and cost savings, which create opportunities to build sustainable competitive advantage.
- Conduct in-depth research of new and existing suppliers to identify source of supply options, which will include costs, quality, lead-times, reliability and other factors.
- Evaluate rationalization opportunities within the current supplier base to drive for simplification and cost savings and efficiency gains, balanced against service risk.
- As requested, participate in the development and implementation of systems and reporting which measure, track, and analyze supplier performance.
- Contribute to product development, especially procurement activities and supplier sourcing, necessary for successful marketplace introductions of finished window treatment systems.
- Manage RFQ process with new suppliers, including all follow up communications, providing appropriate direction to address evolving specifications and priorities.
- Guide the overall process for contracts/agreements, including evaluation of bids, analyzing alternatives, developing negotiation strategy and final recommendations.
- Participate in the research, development, and design of long-range strategic objectives for procurement activities to help drive future operational improvements
- Deliver cost savings targets
- Some travel will be required
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with engineered, high sku count and complex product lines, and associated analytic, ERP tools and processes for Procurement.
- Proven negotiation and analytical skills related to both domestic and foreign suppliers.
- Quality and results-driven work ethic.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make value-added recommendations
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple diverse projects.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adhere to a strict calendar
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Bachelors degree or higher in business, supply chain or related
Years of Experience
- 7+ Years