Job Title: IT Business Partner, Integrated Business Planning
Department: Information Technology
Location: Broomfield, CO
Reports To: Director, Business Partner Management
Be the primary business point of contact for Planning and Forecasting functionality (SAP IBP), new enhancements, and ongoing support. The role assists in defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, aiding in the designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines for all shop floor functions across the Hunter Douglas enterprise.
- This position is responsible for all aspects of the Hunter Douglas planning systems (SAP IBP); functional requirements, testing, quality and support of IT solutions as it relates to the delivery of IT solutions.
- Drive smarter technology investments by driving changes in application, process
- Monitor technology trends and competitor IT strategies
- Drive innovative IT developments, share best practices and scale up successful developments across the organization
- Develop relationships with key customers and suppliers; identify and sponsor opportunities to collaborate on innovative solution developments
- Contribute to the development of the overall IT strategy
- Work closely with all members of the IT organization to develop best practices in solution delivery processes.
- Experience at a leadership level is a must and the ability to interact and communicate across all levels of the organization is critical.
- This person will have accountability for ensuring program milestones and commitments as it relates to shop floor systems and implementations
- Serve as a key escalation point for major support issues affecting our customers, managing significant issues through to resolution, as well as proscribing and managing ongoing remedies.
- Effective IT management coverage of the planning processes in use at Hunter Douglas.
- Effective management of the delivery of planning solutions in accordance with a developed application strategy
- Trusted advisor relationship built with respective business owners.
- Innovative solutions to improve business performance identified and scoped into project proposals
- Innovative application of information technology to business problems and opportunities, shared and scaled-up across organization where appropriate
- Innovative IT solutions built with key solution partners
- Enterprise project delivery plans agreed with constituents
- IT solutions successfully delivered to cost, schedule and meeting strategic business requirements
- Support the development and execution of the HD Enterprise architecture to ensure that investments in technology are aligned and support realization of the overall IT strategy.
Financial (Direct and Indirect):
- Indirect responsibility for all business IT projects with capital costs typically in the range $500K - $1M pa, and 3 – 5 year impact to business
- Accountable for delivery solutions on-time and on budget
People (Direct and Indirect):
- Direct responsibility for delivery of solution work carried out by IT project staff/solution architects
- Responsible for managing IT relationship with IT peers and related business constituents
Other Measures (e.g. Revenue/Equipment/Property):
- Responsible for alignment of IT Solution Strategy for all shop floor systems.
- Enterprise systems personnel to ensure alignment of resources to solution delivery function to overall business needs and strategy
- Business owners of plant environments and product development management.
- Director, IT Services/Infrastructure to ensure the proper handoff of moving solutions into production and there effective day to day execution (run)
- Customers/Suppliers (development of IT-enabled service improvements; collaborating on joint developments)
- Strategic vendors (understanding IT market developments; influencing vendor solution road maps; collaborative developments)
- Industry experts (understanding IT market developments and competitor strategies)
- Industry peers (best practice sharing; joint influencing of vendor solution road maps)
- University degree or equivalent
- Strong manufacturing/functional background along with the technical development skills around SAP IBP or other enterprise planning function.
- Very strong business acumen
- Person will need to have some background in working on large project implementations on SAP.
- Strong knowledge of information technology solutions, technology trends and IT marketplace
- Deep knowledge of IT vendor strategies
- The ideal candidate will have more than 10 years of experience in IT and managing an equivalent functional area.
- Leadership - Meeting Management, team leadership experience
- Proven success at managing large scale projects
- Knowledge of IT design, testing, and documentation methodologies (Agile, ITIL, etc.)
- Experience managing multiple suppliers and partners simultaneously for a given program.
- Knowledge of project management tools, techniques and processes
- Strong organization skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with executive leadership and other business partners
- Strong listening, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Business Process analysis and Systems implementation skills: requirements/process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing, training, change
- Knowledge of shop-floor systems, including Automation Control Systems
Process manufacturing experience with batch operations and continuous flow operations is required
- Strong customer and relationship management skills
- Strong IT strategic planning skills
- Very strong consulting skills (e.g. communication, facilitation, interviewing, negotiation, collaborative working)
- Strong innovation skills
- Strong supplier management skills
- Expert in process design and modeling
- Strong project management skills
- Typically 10+ years of IT and business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments, platforms, and business segments. Substantial experience of working with senior level, decision making executives and their teams
- High technical acumen on SDLC processes and governance of SAP solutions
- Strong Leadership and technology skills
- Very capable strategic thinker
- Very strong relationship management skills
- Self starting with very strong drive for results
- Excellent communicator
- Customer focus
- Commercial awareness