Manager, Supplier Quality
Position: Manager, Supplier Quality
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Quality Control
LEVOLOR Window Fashions, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of custom and stock window covering products including blinds and shades. LEVOLOR is part of the Hunter Douglas family of companies and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 1914, we are committed to delivering innovative, high quality products to consumers under the most recognized brand in our industry today.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of this position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Supplier Quality team that focus on Remake Rate Reduction, COF improvement and low QA-Hold Cost.
- Supports the Sourcing function completing the supplier approval process by assessing in a timely basis the manufacturing, technology capabilities, Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental risks.
- Monitors supplier’s performance and coordinates visits to those domestic suppliers, US and MX, impacting both the Efficiency and Cost of Scrap at the Manufacturing and Fabrication sites.
- Drives the Supplier Development Strategy.
- Coordinates the SQE activities that support the New Product Development and/or changes related to current products.
- Leads the definition of CTQs on purchased components to prevent Down Time, Scrap and Remakes.
- Provides Weekly Reports to the Sr. Manager-Quality on the performance of SQE function and proposes Supplier’s Quality Improvement initiatives to reduce the COF at the Manufacturing and Fabrication sites. (COF: Remake Rate, Down Time, Sorting, Rework, and the cost of the QA-Hold location.)
- Works closely with the Quality functions at the Manufacturing and Fabrication sites for the reduction of Remakes, Scrap, Rework and Sort activities.
- Leads the effective and timely closed of Corrective Actions for defects un purchased component and raw materials, Supplier’s Quality Issues. Reported by the Manufacturing and Fabrication sites. (Effective resolution of NCRs and NMRs.)
- Leads the PPAP Process.
- Ensure compliance of the SQE function to the Levolor QMS. (Based on ISO 9001 latest revision)
- BS degree in Engineering
- Significant experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, experience in textile, plastics, metals, or wood commodities preferred
- 5+ years of Supplier Quality Engineering.
- Solid experience on 8Ds, Process Map, PFMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Process Audit experience, ISO 9001 preferred
- Excellent leadership, management, organizational and follow-up skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles
- Bilingual preferred. (Spanish)
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Domestic travel expected to supplier’s locations, US and MX, to resolve quality problems
- Focus on short- and long-term goals
- Motivated by achievement, and persists until goals are reached, conveying a sense of urgency
LEVOLOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply