Job Title: Sr. Director, Infrastructure and Operations
Department: Information Technology
Location: Broomfield, CO
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
The Director of Infrastructure and Operations will provide strategic and operational leadership over all aspects of Hunter Douglas IT Infrastructure including hardware design and delivery, network technologies, server and storage, WAN, LAN, telephony, system administration, collaboration, directory services, regulatory compliance and client hardware. This position is responsible for ensuring the availability, performance, reliability and scalability of HD’s IT infrastructure with an emphasis on key operational SAP and supporting systems. The director must have strong “Cloud” and managed services experience, the ability to build a team and deliver on financial commitments while ensuring alignment with other IT functions and the business. Must be hands-on with strong Infrastructure design and change management skills while offering strategic direction on best practices to a large complex organization ($2B+)
To Watch a a video about the Hunter Douglas IT department go to the link below:
- Effective IT management of the Infrastructure and Operations function.
- Trusted advisor relationship built with respective business owners.
- Innovative solutions to improve business performance identified and scoped into project proposals
- Innovative application of information technology to business problems and opportunities, shared and scaled-up across organization where appropriate
- Innovative IT solutions built with key solution partners
- Enterprise project delivery plans agreed with constituents
- IT solutions successfully delivered to cost, schedule and meeting strategic business requirements
- Lead the execution of the HD I&O function to ensure that investments in technology are aligned and support realization of the overall IT strategy.
- IT Infrastructure operational and project costs. Prepare and continuously control CAPEX-, OPEX- budgets and forecasts accuracy for all Infrastructure related expenses.
- Negotiate and partner with vendors, outsources and contractors for infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Direct the infrastructure team to identify, report, implement productivity improvements and cost savings
- Enterprise systems personnel to ensure alignment of resources to solution delivery function to overall business needs and strategy
- Business owners across the enterprise
- Director, IT Architecture and Development to ensure the proper handoff of moving solutions into production and there effective day to day execution (run)
- Customers/Suppliers (development of IT-enabled service improvements; collaborating on joint developments)
- Strategic vendors (understanding IT market developments; influencing vendor solution road maps; collaborative developments)
- Industry experts (understanding IT market developments and competitor strategies)
- Industry peers (best practice sharing; joint influencing of vendor solution road maps)
- University degree or equivalent
- Person will need to have a background in working on large project implementations in the SAP ERP space
- Deep expertise in Data Centers, Network and System Operations Infrastructure
- Have a clear direction, priorities and engage team members to formulate a common vision which inspires commitment and buy-in
- Optimize existing hosting partnership and improve service delivery while reducing costs
- SAP Solution Exposure; Solman, ERP
- Perform immediate troubleshooting as the situation dictates for any Systems- outages or Services breakdowns as reported by the helpdesk, users, sensors, and/or operational personnel
- Manage Major Incidents end-to-end following the 8D process; starting from the Initial Emergency Response Action, Team building, immediate containment, root cause analysis, development and implementation of permanent corrective action, prevention of re-occurrence.
- Strong customer and relationship management skills
- Strong IT strategic planning skills
- Very strong consulting skills (e.g. communication, facilitation, interviewing, negotiation, collaborative working)
- Strong innovation skills
- Strong supplier management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Typically 10+ years of IT and business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments, platforms, and business segments. Substantial experience of working with senior level, decision making executives and their teams
- High technical acumen on SDLC processes and governance of SAP solutions
- Strong Leadership and technology skills
- Very capable strategic thinker
- Very strong relationship management skills
- Self starting with very strong drive for results
- Excellent communicator
- Customer focus
- Commercial awareness