IT Project Manager
Our IT Project Management team is growing! In this role you will get to work with a variety of technologies including SAP and Salesforce, while also working with groups across the business from Customer Service to the plant floor. The projects you will work on will be application and software based. As an IT project manager, the work you do is grounded in the fact that Hunter Douglas is creating a tangible product (high end window fashions) and the manufacturing occurs on-site. This role will allow you to apply your project management expertise in terms of tools, approaches, and processes as we do not adhere to any one strict methodology. The IT PM at Hunter Douglas is a hands on project management role that is appreciated by both the business and IT organization. If you enjoy eliminating roadblocks, driving processes, and working on a variety of projects then we would love to talk with you!
You have a flexible and adaptable approach to project management and use tools and practices that will best serve your individual project teams. You enjoy building relationships with others and can bridge the gap between business requirement and technology capabilities. You enjoy autonomy and are able to see the bigger picture and can take a project and run with it. You are also an effective communicator and can help project teams define and find action items and resolutions quickly.
Acceptable Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, accounting, business, engineering or other related field.
- A minimum of four to six (4-6) years of experience as an IT project manager.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, financial planning, purchasing, and vendor management.
- Project Management certification a plus.
· Effectively manage multi-location IT projects to provide requested deliverables on schedule, on budget using standard project management methodologies. Project duration may vary.
· Responsible for effective management and implementation of IT Projects with an average size and complexity of one or more divisions, one or two impacted systems or technologies, and multiple functional stakeholder groups.
· Responsible for managing a large scale project and/or more than one project at a time.
· Facilitate the definition of project mission, goals, objectives, tasks and resource requirements.
· Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of projects, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel. Confer with project staff to outline work plan.
· Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas.
· Provide mentoring, coaching and development for less experienced project resources.
· Leverage experience to contribute continuous improvement ideas.
· Provide effective leadership and guidance over project scope, resources, schedules, issues, costs and risks.
· Lead project teams through the design, testing, documentation, and implementation to achieve the business objectives.
· Prepare and present schedules, documentation, status reports, and cost/benefit analysis.
· Ensure technical assessments are completed on every project to validate infrastructure, requirements, additions, increased capacity needs, performance, facilities and equipment are proactively planned for in the project activities and deliverables.
· Ensure proper operating procedures are in place when new projects are placed into production.
· Develop and implement ways to improve operation procedures and methods.
Basic knowledge of hardware & software installations
Solid knowledge of mid-level MS Excel skills
Solid knowledge of Microsoft applications and environments
Solid knowledge and demonstrated experience in successfully implementing, ERP systems and solutions
Ability to facilitate workshops with business users and IT for requirement collection, prioritization, and solution design
Ability to prioritize work assignments based upon situational pressures
Ability to build relationships, influence and negotiate solutions, and be open and able to lead change
Ability to exhibit personal initiative to remain informed of changes and updates to operational procedures as they occur
Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments concurrently while maintaining high levels of quality and effectiveness
Ability to interact with multiple departments across divisions, and be able to drive tasks to completion when input is needed from different areas in order for timelines to be met
Ability to quickly establish credibility & foster collaborative relationships throughout the business
About the Company:
Our nine decade history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
About the Window Fashions Division:
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
· Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
· Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
· 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
· Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
· Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
· Generous discount on window coverings.
· Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!