The Financial Analyst position includes responsibilities in daily, monthly and year-end financial processes with an emphasis on supporting various cost initiatives and productivity processes. This position will be responsible for inventory analysis and valuation, capital spending/fixed assets reporting and control, operational financial reporting, all aspects of bill of materials and variance analysis. The Analyst will develop and maintain metrics that support major cost drivers. The position also includes analyzing expense spending in SG&A and Advertising & Promotions.
This position will report to the Vice President of Finance and support the Assistant Controller, Inventory Control Manager, Fabrication Operations Managers and Plant General Manager. This position will also be a member of the Productivity Steering Team.
Essential Duties and Job Responsabilities
- Analyze financial data and develop financial models to assist business users
- Maintain and develop internal documentation and processes
- Support the development of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Assist with special and ad hoc costing projects – pricing and promotion analysis, product profitability, post audits on sample book expenses and promotions, etc.
- Assist with month-end close process
- Analyze and perform variance analysis on monthly gross margin results by product and channel
- Aid in the capital budget and expenditures planning and reporting process
- Conduct market research and support competitive analysis
- Analyze and report standard costing variances between actual and estimated budget/forecast costing and make recommendations for improvements
- Review and analyze bill of materials (BOM’s) used in product standard costing for accuracy and validity; conduct research and make recommendations on required changes
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, fabricating methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs; analyze actual fabricating costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs; analyze and report variances
- Collect data and analyze to determine costs of a business activity including but not limited to manufacturing COGS, A&P and SG&A expenses
- Make estimates of new and proposed product or service costs
- Support successful launch of all new programs with proper cost estimation support and ensure accurate forecasting of COGS impact
- Ensure the professional and courteous atmosphere of the company
- Assist in internal and external audit requests
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3-5 years of related experience in financial analysis
- 3-5 years of related experience in cost accounting
- Knowledge and experience in accounting information systems including in-depth knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems and its process flows required.
- Month-end closing experience and/or financial statement preparation experience required.
- Team oriented leadership skills
- Solid understanding of financial analysis methodologies, cost accounting principles and standard costing methodologies/principles
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in a changing environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills for all levels
- Experience in planning, assessing and implementing change
- Strong understanding of and commitment to manufacturing excellence and continuous improvement practices
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong business relationships
- Detailed oriented and strong work ethic
- Have a general understanding Lean Manufacturing methodologies
- Solid understanding of inventory management
- Strong analytical, financial & P&L skills
- Strong business acumen
- Basic knowledge of GAAP principles
- React well under pressure and manage competing demands. Develop alternative solutions, demonstrate persistence and overcomes obstacles
- The position requires approximately 20% travel
- Must be willing and able to travel to Canada and Mexico