Human Resources Manager
About The Company:
Beautiful design, industry-leading innovation, and a highly entrepreneurial global culture - all parts of your daily life at Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window fashions and maker of iconic architectural products.
Our nine decade history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
About The Role:
The primary function of the Human Resources Manager is to provide leadership by balancing long and short-term initiatives and managing processes and people. Provide guidance in all areas of HR including employee relations, employment law & compliance, organizational development, talent acquisition & management, compensation, training & development, and performance management. Additionally, responsible for leading HR process improvement projects and programs that align with the division strategies and priorities.
- Oversees the professional development of team members, ensuring effective on-boarding and skill development of new, promoted and/or transferred associates
- Supports positive employee relations by being a trusted liaison for all employees and a strategic resource for management team, ensuring fair and consistent HR practices are administered
- Identify and facilitate the execution of coaching and performance plans, proactively assess and address individual performance, while helping to create, track and support individual career goals
- Partner with management to develop and implement in the area of compensation planning and administration of compensation programs. Provides updated compensation data for purposes of extending offers and merit increases that are in line with industry standards and promote, attract, motivate and retain organizational talent
- Oversees performance management and development process in line with strategic and operating goals. Administration of annual employee reviews and recommendations for process improvement
- Develop, implement and guide succession planning and training efforts to support the division’s initiative
- Responsible for oversight and coordination of compliance with company, federal and state employment law, and other requirements to ensure timely and consistent application of human resource related policies and procedures
- Lead and investigate complaints, implement corrective action, and represent the organization on employment related hearings and investigations
- Manage separation process; conduct exit interviews, analyze and make recommendations related to voluntary turnover
- Works with Director of Operations to effectively plan for staffing needs
- Support a safety culture and effectively handle workers compensation related claims for best possible outcomes
- Coordinate FMLA, Short-Term Disability, and other leaves of absence for effective administration
- Strong Leadership skills to support the various levels of the organization
- Manage one or more direct reports
- Other job-related duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10+ years progressive HR leadership experience, with some in a manufacturing/production environment
- SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR) a plus
- Demonstrated track record of leadership skills with ability to influence change at all levels of internal and external contacts
- Strong technical skills
- Process improvement oriented