Position: Product Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Franny Schmidt, Senior Product Manager
Department: Product Marketing
LEVOLOR Window Fashions, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of custom and stock window covering products including blinds and shades. LEVOLOR is part of the Hunter Douglas family of companies and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 1914, we are committed to delivering innovative, high quality products to consumers under the most recognized brand in our industry today.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of this position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request.
We are looking for an innovative and enthusiastic Product Manager who will be responsible for developing and executing the expansion of existing product lines including new product development and product management.
The Product Manager plans and executes programs for assigned products within our window covering categories. This position also leads the management of the new and/or existing product line through the complete product life cycle of development to retail placement.
- Identify consumer needs, trends, market and product gaps via continuous market, consumer and competitive research
- While improving on best cost and competitive pricing, manage product life cycle and positioning through planned new product development and line refreshes.
- Contribute to development of product marketing strategy and plans to deliver targeted sales growth in line with gross margin and profitability expectations.
- Support product lines with development and launch of marketing promotions, sampling, collateral, point of purchase and sales training materials
- Lead cross functional teams to achieve product line business objectives and act as a hub for manufacturing, purchasing, sales, quality, engineering, planning and customer service teams
- Maintain high level of awareness of trends, technology, materials and processes both in window coverings industry and other related industries (textile, paint, furniture etc)
- Perform all duties as assigned within Product Marketing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business.
- 5+ years of experience in consumer products marketing
- Demonstrated experience in new product development lifecycle management
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent & effective communication skills
- Proven Record of Product Growth in the Market Place
- Good Understanding of Manufacturing Process and Supply Chain
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to lead cross functional team
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Self-motivation / Initiative & Follow-Up
- Able to successfully work independently
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Completed Masters in Business Administration
- Window Coverings Industry experience
- Experience with retail market
- Experience with consumer packaged goods
LEVOLOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply