HunterDouglas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of the HunterDouglas Group, a Dutch based international industrial group. We are the established worldwide design leader and most sought after name in custom window fashions. The HunterDouglas Plastics & Die Casting facility has manufactured and assembled plastic injection moldings and extrusions in Owensboro, KY since 1981. All Hunter Douglas brand products are designed, developed and custom-crafted in the U.S.
Mold Setter - 2nd or 3rd Shift
- Must be willing and able to take an active role in plant wide safety activities
- Capability of quickly learning and developing efficient mold setting techniques.
- Basic knowledge of injection mold and mold components a plus.
- Basic knowledge of injection molding machine a plus.
- Be mechanically inclined.
- Must be able to safely work under pressure, and at a fast pace.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must be able to work in an environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Responsible for safely and efficiently setting injection molds to produce products that meet customer specifications in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Reads part criteria and verifies mold set is what is needed.
- Set up all process related equipment.
- Shuts down molding machines for color change.
- Performs preventive maintenance on molds assigned daily.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and documents mold problems pertaining to set up.
- Troubleshoots and performs minor maintenance of equipment as directed by supervisor.
- Perform color changes and restart machines with supervisor’s direction.
- Use calipers and micrometers for measuring.
- Notify supervisor of discrepant parts or machine failure.
- Load dryers, hoppers, and color feeders to feed automatic machines.
- Properly label and seal containers as needed and move product to designated areas.
- Keep work area in a neat, clean and orderly fashion in accordance with 6s.
HunterDouglas Owensboro offers a generous benefits package. Including Medical/Dental Insurance, Vision, Short Term Disability, Life insurance, 5% shift deferential, paid vacation, PTO, paid holidays, 401k plan, competitive wages with annual bonus, and opportunity for advancement.
We require a high school diploma or GED and a score of 4, 4, 4 on the WorkKeys test to proceed in our hiring process. All candidates must be willing and able to take an active role in plant wide safety activities, have a strong work ethic, and be willing to work any shift .
We also maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.