Quality Assurance Inspector
Quality Assurance Inspector – 2nd or 3rd Shift
This position ensures product conformity to establish requirements by evaluating product to customer and/or Engineering drawings, specifications and related documents. Conducts receiving, in-process and final product inspections, and documents results in various reports/logs in the Quality System Network. This position will also interface with Internal Customer.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of injection molding experience preferred.
- Minimum of (2) years of inspection experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of common inspection measuring equipment including, calipers, micrometers, height gauges, radius gages, and dial indictors.
- Good manual dexterity and adept in use of precision measuring tools.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 Quality management systems.
- Working Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Practices, Metrics and Reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools, Specifically Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Must possess appropriate mathematical and analytical skills to determine acceptability of product(s) based on established criteria.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to discern colors Vision (OR Corrected) Acuity of 20/20 at a minimum
HunterDouglas Owensboro offers a generous benefits package. Including Medical/Dental Insurance, Vision, Short Term Disability, Life insurance, 5% shift deferential, paid vacation, PTO, paid holidays, 401k plan, competitive wages with a yearly incentive plan, and opportunity for advancement.
We require a high school diploma or GED and a score of 4, 4, 4 on the WorkKeys test to proceed in our hiring process. All candidates must be willing and able to take an active role in plant wide safety activities, have a strong work ethic, and be willing to work any shift .
We also maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.