About Hunter Douglas:
Beautiful design, industry-leading innovation, and a highly entrepreneurial global culture - all parts of your daily life at Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window fashions and maker of iconic architectural products.
Our nine decade history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
About the Role:
The Plant Finance Manager is responsible for providing divisional product line costing, variance, inventory and reporting and analysis. This individual works closely with the division’s Operations Directors and other cost analysts as a liaison between the Finance & Operations groups. The Plant Finance Manager has a keen attention to detail, superior analytical capability and takes an ownership approach with all tasks.
- Ensure the completion of month-end close activities including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, accruals and reporting.
- Compile and analyze division daily/weekly/monthly KPI metrics Dashboard include SQDC, production labor and material efficiencies, backlogs, working capital management and other measures.
- Lead the cross-functional process to create the annual labor and overhead budget.
- Prepare templates and consolidate monthly analyses and reports for actual vs budget/prior year results and inventory variance accounts regularly and communicate with operations and division leadership to identify trends/corrective actions.
- Calculate annual standard overhead rates and assist in plant/product line margin analysis as it relates to Cost of Goods Sold. Review the accuracy and control of bills of material and labor standard hours and rates.
- Contribute financial analysis support to prepare Engineering, Continuous Improvement and Supply Chain capital expenditure and cost saving proposals. Calculate expected results and post-implementation results. Assist with the safeguarding and control of fixed assets.
- Assist with internal control activities at the plants and assist external auditors by providing clear supporting explanations and documents.
- Assist with the planning and execution of the semi-annual physical inventory including analysis and reporting of results.
- Analyze make to order manufacturing costs and variances, and communicate issues to operations managers.
- Support successful launch of all new programs with proper cost estimation support and ensure accurate forecasting of COGS impact.
- Assists with system implementations as applicable.
- Perform ad hoc projects and analyses as needed.
- Accounting or Finance degree required; Advanced degree or CMA program preferred
- Proven track record of driving for results with minimal ongoing direction
- Experience in SAP and lean manufacturing environment preferred
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications (primarily Excel) Tableau, R and BPCS experience a plus
- 6+ years’ experience in cost accounting and/or financial planning and analysis
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving with high regard for detail and accuracy
- Ability to concisely summarize large amounts of data to drive decision making process
- Energetic and inquisitive, quick learner, takes initiative and follows through
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with employees at various levels throughout the organization