Sr. Instructional Designer
You just had a great day at work! You came in and spent time brainstorming and collaborating with 3 of your instructional design team members. Not only did you learn something new in that meeting but you were able to advise them and provide guidance and insight they hadn’t thought of. Then you were off to talk with a product team to learn a little more about a new enhancement that requires a training to be developed. The content you get from them is going to be part of an eLearning course for our dealers and installers to assist them with customer questions. You are an integral part in organizing and project managing the creation of this course. While at your desk working on course design you take some time to review and analyze learning data on an instructor-led training you and the team just implemented. You are working on developing some evaluation strategies to help refine and determine how the courses and participants are performing. You spent your day creating, sharing, interacting, advising, designing, evaluating and leading. Not only did you continue to grow and learn professionally, but you were able to assist others to do the same. You are surrounded by people who are passionate about the work they do in a company that is investing in learning and development of its employees. Does that sound like your great day? Join our growing team!
Acceptable Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technologies or related field or equivalent experience and proven capabilities.
- Relevant industry/professional certifications or credentials preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience in Instructional Design and Technologies.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in statistics and learning data analysis.
- Established track record for using a consultative approach to manage, design and deliver innovate learning solutions with measurable business results that meet stakeholder needs
The Senior Instructional Designer will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and evaluating training to improve organizational effectiveness using a variety of training tools and techniques. This position will perform needs analysis and suggest instructional approach; estimate timeline and resources; design and develop SCORM compliant eLearning courses using multiple media and eLearning-authoring applications; administer production, quality control and implementation. Work with Learning and Development Mangers and SME(s) to meet their learning requirements. Analyze learning data with standard statistical methods, interpret results, and provide written and oral summaries of analysis. Identifies opportunities to improve business functionality through the use of analytic models.
- Manage projects using project management tools and methodologies to support projects from initiation to delivery.
- Utilize proven techniques to research, design and develop multimedia learning materials for new and existing programs in a variety of contexts and subjects, using software applications and tools.
- Using proper methodology, determine or verify accurate learning objectives in order to create relevant and scalable learning content and assessments.
- Partner with Learning and Development Managers, Product Managers, project teams, SMEs and business stakeholders to ensure that learning modules support the business objectives and the goals of the Learning and Development group
- Manage course design and review process using established design and editing guidelines to ensure accurate and on-time delivery of e-learning modules
- Execute change control and maintain up-to-date training material.
- Research and implement new and emerging technologies or processes to evolve the company’s courseware offerings to increase learning effectiveness.
- Review training content developed by the instructional design team; share feedback and knowledge on training solutions.
- Create web-based training that integrates with Learning and Development’s large scope blended training solutions as well as single elearning modules.
- Manage a subset of processes, by documenting processes, monitoring learning trends, and analyzing inefficiencies
- Collect, process and perform statistical analyses of data to facilitate decision making, ensuring accuracy of the data and presenting the data to highlight findings.
- Act as an expert for the eLearning-authoring applications and provide necessary guidance and directions related to the use of the software and instructional design of eLearning courses for Project Teams, Subject Matter Experts (SME), Product Manager and Learning and Development Managers
- Attends national trade shows and corporate meetings as needed to conduct presentations of Hunter Douglas, Inc., -Window Fashion products to attendees.
Expert knowledge on how to organize and prioritize multiple projects at various stages of progress
Expert knowledge in project management
Expert knowledge on how to utilize creative thinking and problem solving techniques to resolve problems
Expert knowledge of eLearning technology standards (list includes: SCORM, AICC, IMS, and Microsoft LRN)
Expert knowledge of eLearning course authoring applications such as: Articulate, Storyline 360, Lectora Publisher, Captivate, etc.
Expert knowledge of graphics technology programs such as: Photoshop, Illustrator, etc..
Expert knowledge of presentation and simulation tools such as: Articulate Presenter, Articulate Engage, Camtasia Studio, Breeze, Adobe Captivate, etc.
Expert knowledge of audio recording, editing and processing techniques; Audacity software
Expert knowledge of practical knowledge of adult learning principles and ISD concepts, including ADDIE and rapid methodologies
Expert knowledge of leading teams composed of both instructional designers/experts and SME’s in all phases of the project life cycle and producing creative learning solutions
Expert knowledge of learning styles and curricula design
Expert knowledge of project management and the ability to coordinate a high level of activity
Expert knowledge of learning theory, brain science, adult learning principles, active learning, instructional design, and learning experience design methods
Solid knowledge of how to motivate Learning and Development members, consultants and representatives of other functional departments within the company to follow through on the goals of the yearlong training sessions
Solid knowledge in at least one of the following LMS technology applications such as: Expertus one (preferred), Saba, SumTotal, Plateau, geoLearning,
Solid knowledge in at least one of the following LCMS technology applications such as: LearnCube, Grovo, Skillsoft, etc.
Solid knowledge in conducting metrics, analysis and reporting
Solid knowledge to conduct presentations before large groups of people
Solid knowledge of video production, editing, and distribution of video products
Ability to condense large amounts of learning data into summary key findings
About the Company:
Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window coverings and maker of iconic architectural products, offers thoughtful design, industry-leading innovation, and a family oriented culture. Our nine decade history has created a legacy of innovations and excellence. Hunter Douglas provides a positive work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
About the Window Fashions Division:
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division is located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses 756,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1000 employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale products such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades,
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!